Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2015, 10:34 PM   #1

Default Winnebago ERA 70A Drain Valve Locations

In preparation for winterizing my new 2016 ERA 70A, I have been reading up the Winnebago factory operation manuals. While everything seems pretty easy to follow, one thing that puzzles me is that I am unable to locate two of the waterline drain valves (four total) that are described in the manual as located "beneath bed cabinet (driver side). Remove top panel to access".

The manual also described that the hot water tank bypass valve could be found in the same location "beneath bed cabinet (driver side), accessble by removing the top panel". When I followed the instructions and removed the top panel beneath the bed cabinet, I did see the hot water tank with the bypass valve there but could not find any drain valves.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks!
s.k. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 07:06 PM   #2

I have a 2015 Era 70A. I was stumped by that, too. I asked my dealer service dept. guy and he said they don't exist. I don't know if that is a typo or what but the other 2 drains drain the entire tank to the best of my knowledge. We winterized 2xs last year because I took a trip in February.
TinStarArabians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 08:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinStarArabians View Post
I have a 2015 Era 70A. I was stumped by that, too. I asked my dealer service dept. guy and he said they don't exist. I don't know if that is a typo or what but the other 2 drains drain the entire tank to the best of my knowledge. We winterized 2xs last year because I took a trip in February.
Thanks much for the quick reply!

Btw, did you use the "blow-out" or the "antifreeze" process for you winterization? In the past when I owned several tow-behind camping trailers, I usually did both just to ensure that they were safely protected from the cold Ohio winters.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:30 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

S.K, I use both the blowout, and add a small amount of antifreeze via the suction hose so it just goes into the pump. Protect that mechanism in there....

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 03:56 AM   #5

Thanks Bob, I used to do the blow-out followed by antifreeze on my two previous Jayco trailers for added protection as well. I think I will continue to use the "combined process" on the ERA too. It doesn't really take too much additional effort to do this in my view.

I have another question regarding preparing the 70A for winter. But I think I probably should start another thread for that.