Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2016, 10:46 PM   #21
jgn

The Fiat Travato has no appeal for me but it is priced right as is the Fuse. The latest increase on the Era price position's it closer to other Sprinter vans like the Pleasure-Way and the Roadtek both of which have better build qualities.
I am looking forward to seeing the U2 Era and the Fuse side by side. I much prefer a diesel and the Sprinter sits higher than the Transit but will have to see.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:06 PM   #22
Platinum Member

We don't really have hard numbers on the mix of Era's to Travato's WGO is producing. They may be loosing a few Era sales to Travatos as people want a less expensive choice. What is happening more significantly is Travato is stealing sales from the other manufacturers on both their Sprinter and Promaster products.

The only one maintaining appears to be Airstream Interstate - their share is holding very steady. Still growing with the whole B segment though.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 04:06 PM   #23

Default New 70X is the first build of the new models

Heard back from WGO yesterday. They say the new website features only 70X photos for now because it's the first one they're building. Probably mostly 4x4s. We can expect photos of the other models as they are built.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:35 PM   #24

Default 70A Pics

I had sent them a message too, asking about pics of the 70A because we are considering ordering one and would like to see pics of the inside before we do. I also got a response back yesterday saying that the brochure only has pictures of the 70X because that was the first floor plan built. They did send me 6 pics of the inside of a 70A saying the pics were of the first 70A floor plan there at the factory. I really appreciate the fact that they sent them to me. They looked like they were snapped outside by someone. They definitely weren't professional shots that would be used on their website. We are getting close to pulling the trigger on ordering one and definitely won't get to see one in person before we do so I was very grateful to see a few pics.
classbdreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:54 PM   #25

Good to hear, classbdreaming. Would you care to post those pics? From the pictures, does the new 70A look substantially different? I haven't memorized the specs for the A like I have for the C (which appears the same). Any changes there?
Old 02-12-2016, 08:18 PM   #26
jgn

I believe the layout is the same but has Under -Cabinet lighting, continuous track led lights, Truma Combi, convection oven, Froli sleep system. I hope they move the TV to a different spot because it looks like it would be an obstruction where it has been.
Oh one last thing, more expensive than before.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:54 PM   #27

I would LOVE to share them but am not sure if it's allowed. Here is what it said on my email "This electronic transmission and any documents accompanying this electronic transmission contain confidential information belonging to the sender. This information may be legally privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on or regarding the contents of this electronically transmitted information is strictly prohibited."

How would you interpret that? I'm not sure. I don't want to get in trouble or worse yet get the kind person who sent the pics to me in trouble.

I'll try and describe the best I can the 6 photos.

1) The first photo was taken from the cab area looking down the length of the interior. The layout, fridge, microwave, etc. look the same to me. What has changed is all of the finishes with the cabinets, counter tops, etc., looking like the new finishes that you see on the 70x model.

2) The second picture was of the little love seat/couch behind the driver's seat. One thing I noticed is it only appeared to have one set of seat belts with the very middle of the seat being where the passenger would sit but that could just be the way the picture was taken. I know the older models have 2 seat belts there. The ultra leather was the same cream color with the dark brown insets in the middle like you see on the seats in the pictures of the new 70X.

3) The 3rd picture was looking down the galley side. The only differences I noticed were of the new finishes like the ones you see in the 70X picture.

4) The 4th picture was looking back at the twin beds. The beds have covers on them that look like the ones on the twin beds in the Travato. I don't know if the beds themselves are the same ones as in the Travato or not. I also noticed that when looking straight back under where the head of the bed starts the board under there is now curved instead of flat. Also the shade on the back window looks different and is black.

5) The 5th picture was taken standing in the very back looking forward. I could see the tv on the side of the wardrobe cabinet just like in the older models.

6) The last picture was taken standing in front of the wardrobe cabinet looking forward. I can see the tv on the counter where it has always been. Everything looks the same to me except for the new finishes on everything that look like the finishes on the pictures in the 70X.

There were no pictures of the inside of the bathroom, wardrobe, cabinets or the front cab area. The basic layout seems the same. The finishes have all changed and look like those in the pictures of the new 70X. The beds have the new covers on them but I don't know if the beds themselves have changed or not.

If you have any questions or something you want me to look at just let me know and I'll try and answer it for you the best I can.
classbdreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 10:51 PM   #28
Platinum Member

those "warnings" don't mean anything. Any agreement takes two parties to actually agree for one to exist. Many corporations put those signatures on all emails just as a scare tactic. The only things privileged are between you and your own counsel.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:09 PM   #29

Wincrasher is right about privileged information, but I always try to be a gentleman about such things. They were kind enough to send you pictures and could have easily said to share them at will, but they didn't. Thanks for the descriptions.

In honor of Valentine's Day, the anticipation about the what the new models will feature is much like the feeling one might have had before the first kiss from that special someone.

Tags
era, truma, winnebago