Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2017, 10:28 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default Winnebago Paseo

Any feedback from owners of the new Winnebago Paseo? Thank you
talktodean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:39 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by talktodean View Post
Any feedback from owners of the new Winnebago Paseo? Thank you
I read a review that indicated that the Paseo is not equipped with a swiveling driver's seat. Perhaps a Paseo owner can confirm this one way or the other.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:53 PM   #3
Silver Member

That I know is true. Only passenger seat swivels, yes.
talktodean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 01:33 PM   #4
Bronze Member

I've been following one of the first users--a couple that has a blog and a youtube channel, called "Muddlin' Through". YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKn...mPEfyQb_zDgqZQ

Blog:https://rv.muddlinthrough.com/
Lightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:25 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by talktodean View Post
That I know is true. Only passenger seat swivels, yes.
What's the reason for this? Is there a physical impediment or is it a Ford policy issue? Is there an aftermarket alternative?
Old 04-08-2017, 02:09 AM   #6
Platinum Member

It's a physical impediment - the parking brake handle is mounted to the floor just to the right of the driver seat. You can see it in the video below at about 7:28.

However, apparently at least one person was able to lower the handle on their Transit so the driver seat could swivel over it (at least when the brake was not engaged).

http://www.fordtransitusaforum.com/c...t-install.html

So it might really be a combination of physical impediment plus a reluctance to mess with the factory safety systems.
Old 04-08-2017, 03:35 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
So it might really be a combination of physical impediment plus a reluctance to mess with the factory safety systems.
I have heard Winnebago Management say something to that effect. It is one of the reasons they do not offer additional alternators, mess with the radio/gps system, or cover the factory seats (which have built in air bags) on the Promasters. They would like to keep the original Van intact as much as possible so as not to affect Warranty and safety issues.
Scottbaldassari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 06:44 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottbaldassari View Post
I have heard Winnebago Management say something to that effect. It is one of the reasons they do not offer additional alternators, mess with the radio/gps system, or cover the factory seats (which have built in air bags) on the Promasters. They would like to keep the original Van intact as much as possible so as not to affect Warranty and safety issues.
That may satisfy the interests of WGO, but not the coach owner that's denied this flexibility. A class B needs every square inch of creature comfort it can garner. IMO, a driver's seat that can't be swiveled in a class B when stopped is a flat out non-starter.
Old 04-08-2017, 11:15 PM   #9
Platinum Member

But then I suspect that there are a significant number of owners like me who have never swiveled the driver's seat on any of my 3 rigs.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 12:56 AM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
But then I suspect that there are a significant number of owners like me who have never swiveled the driver's seat on any of my 3 rigs.
No question, it's different strokes for different folks. How many people do you travel with?
Old 04-09-2017, 05:04 AM   #11
Platinum Member

I am one of the significant number of single women who drive a Roadtrek.... (not to mention the men). And if I'm really nice, the dog lets me use the passenger seat when we are parked.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 04-09-2017, 03:30 PM   #12
Platinum Member

Quote:
Our first two Class Bs so true. The first was impossible. The second was limited and crowded. The third was designed and worked out to satisfaction and works as a computer desk or comfortable space to get in and out of with a portable dining table when the computer desk is up and out of the way.

2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 03:48 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
Our first two Class Bs so true. The first was impossible. The second was limited and crowded. The third was designed and worked out to satisfaction and works as a computer desk or comfortable space to get in and out of with a portable dining table when the computer desk is up and out of the way.
How often do you find yourself using that configuration?

I am really torn about your design. I agree that it is by far the most functional use of the rotated driver's seat that I have seen. I like it much better than the default ARV design, which makes the window useless. I could easily have specified it in our customized Legend. (in fact, you and I discussed this over at Sprinter-Source back when I was designing it). I ended up using the space for a larger half-height hanging closet instead.

IMG_05.JPG

I know that you are not a fan of hanging closets, but we are, so we don't regret our choice. In addition to the hanging part, we find the large floor area in the closet to be a very flexible space -- valuable for large items (like extra cases of beer ). Definitely a close call, though.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 06:27 PM   #14
Bronze Member

I guess I fall in the category of wanting them to swivel 180. The driver seat in our 2014 ERA is limited. When we get another Class B, I will be voting for 180 swivel with both seats like DavydD.
GBUSMCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 06:33 PM   #15
Platinum Member

ARV kind of leaves that space between the refrigerator and driver's seat up to the owner. There have been very few alike and a lot have opted with half high closets with the window exposed like yours. One had that whole area as a work desk and a traditional librarian type wood chair. We do have hanging space but just not that much. When we travel we have a very limited wardrobe. ARV has built numerous fancy concealed counters but I opted for a simple drop down design knowing full well with command hooks and all for hats, coats, broom, extended windshield washer, etc. it was never going to be a clean wall face.

I can pack a lot of beer in the lower shelf but usually keep the non-refrigerated beer in the back anyway. The floor space behind the driver's seat is fairly versatile if we need it. It is usually a temporary staging area when shopping.

2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:47 PM   #16
Bronze Member

Quote:
Do you have the third seat in the Roadtrek 170? If so, do you find it useful NOT to have to swivel the front seats?
Lightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 12:10 AM   #17
Platinum Member

We rented and a Sprinter B RV and one of the first things we did in camp was swivel the front seat. Also when the bed is made up in the back you can still use the front. we played cards and watched videos up there. Also as Davydd has mentioned in the past the swivels enable dual zones so one person can sit up front while the other works or sleeps in the back. I originally wanted a layout like the Aktiv or Travato G, but we liked this setup so much after renting we wouldn't have purchased a van without it.

We recently (2 weeks ago) purchased a RT Agile that swivels both seats and provides two tables (one in front and one in back) so we can have two work areas or a sleep and hangout area. The front driver side is tight but still very usable (I am 6 feet). The front table slides out and is super quick to setup (instead of the rear table with leg etc)... so much so we have had the van for two weeks and already used the table twice for quick lunches during day trips. Awesome layout for us.
Keyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 03:24 AM   #18
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
ARV kind of leaves that space between the refrigerator and driver's seat up to the owner. There have been very few alike and a lot have opted with half high closets with the window exposed like yours. One had that whole area as a work desk and a traditional librarian type wood chair. We do have hanging space but just not that much. When we travel we have a very limited wardrobe. ARV has built numerous fancy concealed counters but I opted for a simple drop down design knowing full well with command hooks and all for hats, coats, broom, extended windshield washer, etc. it was never going to be a clean wall face.

I love this pix.

It looks like the door is opening up to a hidden big room.

BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 04:29 PM   #19
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightfoot View Post
Do you have the third seat in the Roadtrek 170? If so, do you find it useful NOT to have to swivel the front seats?
I ordered mine with the wardrobe behind the driver's seat and the armoire behind the passenger seat. The extra seat is in storage and has never been installed in the vehicle (the seatbelts are in the armoire so it can be installed if the next owner wishes to). Storage is very limited in the 170.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 04-10-2017, 05:04 PM   #20
Platinum Member

I wish more "B"s would do exactly what is pictured above with the fold-down table for the driver's seat. Other than the ARV and the Airstream Grand Tour, I have not seen it anywhere else... and it adds immensely to usable and workable room.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote