Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-24-2014, 02:25 PM   #81
Bronze Member

Default Re: Winnebago Travato new model # 59K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd
Do we know the Roadtrek tank sizes yet? I haven't paid attention. The Pleasure-way Lexor Promaster actually had fairly decent tank sizes almost comparable to their former T1N Sprinters. They were OK but not as big as most current Sprinters.
according to this http://roadtreking.com/010-roadtreking- ... motorhome/
the tanks sizes for the Roadtrek Zion are as follows
Fresh water 35gal
Black water 19gal
Gray water 20gal
CyclingCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 02:39 PM   #82
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclingCamper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd
Do we know the Roadtrek tank sizes yet? I haven't paid attention. The Pleasure-way Lexor Promaster actually had fairly decent tank sizes almost comparable to their former T1N Sprinters. They were OK but not as big as most current Sprinters.
according to this http://roadtreking.com/010-roadtreking- ... motorhome/
the tanks sizes for the Roadtrek Zion are as follows
Fresh water 35gal
Black water 19gal
Gray water 20gal
Those are good quantities for a B.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 02:42 PM   #83
Platinum Member

10 gal black in the 190P I had - almost doubled in this! - but best to wait for Roadtrek to either send you the specs directly or publish them on their website - things can change between prototype and production

--------------------------------

wincrasher - another tip to help with gray tank management is to determine the best van angle to help drain the tank.

Passenger side higher than drivers side should help the most. Maybe a very slight nose down angle too. Too much nose down looks like it would hinder the process. Testing would be the best way to figure this out.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 05:31 PM   #84
Platinum Member

Those tank sizes on the Zion are terrific. It may be the case also that that bathroom sink drains into that large black tank. It would make more sense for it to be that big.

Right now, my 11 gallon tank is good for nearly a week, even with all the drinking' I'm doing.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 02:16 AM   #85
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

I noticed today that WGO is offering multiple paint & window options on the 2 Travato models now. 3 different silver and one for the red

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 08:10 PM   #86
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markopolo
Official info from Winnebago re: the new Travato 59K aka 259K

They will have a unit on display at the Tampa Supershow in January
It will be in production early Spring.

Highlights:

• Standard Batteries: two group 31 AGM batteries
• Refrigerator: Nova Cool high-efficiency compressor refrigerator, 110V and 12V operation
• Water Heater and Furnace: Truma Combi 4e Plus- Combined hot water and ducted heating system, LP, electric or combined electric and LP with over 90% efficiency. Rapid refresh rate for the 3 gallon tank provides 6 gallon equivalent performance. Quiet, programmable and efficient.
• Optional Solar Charging: ZAMP Expandable system includes a 100 watt panel on the roof and a 350 watt rated (edit: controller). Also provided: connections for up to three panels on the roof* *now deleted from specs, a connection on the side (edit: passenger side) for a customer added portable panel.
• Flooring: cushioned vinyl Beau flooring (no carpet). Removable vinyl flooring mat in bathroom. Carpeted floor mats over vinyl cab floor.
• Sleeping: two beds provide 30” x 80” and 30” x 74.” Fore-to-aft sleeping. Standard sleep system includes pillow top multi-density mattresses, adjustable headrests, and Froli Star System adjustable bed springs.
• Freshwater: 25 gallons (edit: might be 28 gallons)
• Black tank: 13 gallons
• Gray tank: 13 gallons
• Propane: 6 gallons
• Exterior height to top of Air Conditioner: 9’1”
• Available with 3.0L 4 cylinder ecodiesel

I'm confirming that it will have a generator and will post info when I get it.
Now confirmed. Generator is a standard equipment on this Travato.
Old 12-25-2014, 08:14 PM   #87
Platinum Member

I think that is the first B I have seen that would fit in our garage since the Chevies. 9' 3" doors that actually pass a little less than that.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 02:27 AM   #88
Platinum Member

The Travato seems to have evolved pretty far in three model years. The first prototype seems to be workable, but after realizing I didn't fit on the rear seat of the 2014 model (pretty much making the driver's seat the main chair for me), I decided to just wait and see. I have not seen the 2015, but it seemed to eliminate my bigger beefs about it, and it provided more storage space. This model (guess it will be a MY 2016 59K) is quite an improvement from the previous two, especially in the boondocking department (although for multi-day trips, the small fridge would have to be supplemented by an ice maker.) The tiny LP gas tank can be mitigated somewhat by running the generator for the furnace and water heater.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 11:21 AM   #89
Platinum Member

The end-user expandable solar is a nice feature. You can start with one panel and expand later if needed. I'd like to see more "future proofing" ideas in new Class B's particularly when it come to wiring and battery capacity.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:19 PM   #90
Platinum Member

Update from Winnebago re: the new 59K aka 259K

• Standard Batteries: two group 31 AGM batteries
• Refrigerator: Nova Cool high-efficiency compressor refrigerator, 110V and 12V operation
• Water Heater and Furnace: Truma Combi 4e Plus- Combined hot water and ducted heating system, LP, electric or combined electric and LP with over 90% efficiency. Rapid refresh rate for the 3 gallon tank provides 6 gallon equivalent performance. Quiet, programmable and efficient.
• Optional Solar Charging: ZAMP Expandable system includes a 100 watt panel on the roof and a 350 watt rated controller. Also provided: a connection is on the passenger side for a customer added portable panel. (connections for up to three panels on the roof deleted from specs)
• Flooring: cushioned vinyl Beau flooring (no carpet). Removable vinyl flooring mat in bathroom. Carpeted floor mats over vinyl cab floor.
• Sleeping: two beds provide 30” x 80” and 30” x 74.” Fore-to-aft sleeping. Standard sleep system includes pillow top multi-density mattresses, adjustable headrests, and Froli Star System adjustable bed springs.
• Freshwater: 28 gallons
• Black tank: 13 gallons
• Gray tank: 13 gallons
• Propane: 6 gallons
• Exterior height to top of Air Conditioner: 9’1”
• Available with 3.0L 4 cylinder ecodiesel
• Generator is standard

And they noted that they will have a unit on display at the Tampa Supershow in January.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:58 PM   #91
Platinum Member

I wonder what generator you'll get if you get the diesel engine.

If it's LP, which is the standard type of thing to do, then the LP tank is far too small.

Too bad they don't have a generator delete option and let you carry a small portable.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:10 AM   #92
Platinum Member

LP wincrasher-i saw it asterisked fine print somewheer's when i was reading about them
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 02:08 AM   #93
rtz
Bronze Member

59K: "arriving at dealer's lots in March 2015"

As seen in the comments below the video:
rtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 02:09 AM   #94
Platinum Member

I like it all except the small grey tank. I wonder if you layed down and looked under the van if there would be room for a bigger grey tank. Sometimes companies just go with off the shelf tanks and don't bother with custom to save money.
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 11:17 AM   #95
Platinum Member

It would be interesting to look at the differences in tank placement and tank depth between the various Promaster based Class B's.

I've asked for confirmation of fresh water tank size, if the bathroom sink drains into the black tank and if the shower is gravity drain and will post details when I get them.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:15 PM   #96
Platinum Member

Under my van there is plenty of unused space. Either for slightly larger grey tank, or additional tankage. It's actually a bit surprising the fresh tank isn't under there instead of in the ottoman in the doorway.

I'm sure the design consideration was to keep the fresh tank inside the van for cold weather use, as it seems to be the case with most vans.

Most likely the size of tanks is more geared to Winnebago's perceived use for the van, and not the max that is possible in the space available. I think they are definitely in the "good enough" design philosophy in a lot of ways.

I'm sure someone will say it's to preserve payload. Well, you have 2000 lbs available the way it is. If you look up into the bigger RVs, like the Trend or Viva, they are bigger RV's to handle more people, and their payload is significantly less, (around 1400lbs?) yet it is expected to be enough of the intended use.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:40 PM   #97
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher
Under my van there is plenty of unused space. Either for slightly larger grey tank, or additional tankage. It's actually a bit surprising the fresh tank isn't under there instead of in the ottoman in the doorway.

I'm sure the design consideration was to keep the fresh tank inside the van for cold weather use, as it seems to be the case with most vans.

Most likely the size of tanks is more geared to Winnebago's perceived use for the van, and not the max that is possible in the space available. I think they are definitely in the "good enough" design philosophy in a lot of ways.

I'm sure someone will say it's to preserve payload. Well, you have 2000 lbs available the way it is. If you look up into the bigger RVs, like the Trend or Viva, they are bigger RV's to handle more people, and their payload is significantly less, (around 1400lbs?) yet it is expected to be enough of the intended use.
Has anyone had a Travato on the scales to see what they actually come in at for weight in travel mode? That would be very interesting I think. 2000# is somewhere around double what a 190 Chevy Roadtrek has for capacity.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 02:07 PM   #98
Platinum Member

Actual weights are good to know. It would be interesting to see some actual Sprinter and Promaster weights. Just add them to this topic: http://www.classbforum.com/phpBB2/vi...php?f=9&t=1783

Update from Winnebago.

The fresh water tank capacity is 25 gal. This does not include the water in the Combi water heater/furnace.
So 28 gal if calculating for weight or 25 gal if calculating for useable capacity.

Confirmed: The bathroom sink drains into the black tank.
Confirmed: The shower drains to the gray tank via gravity.
Old 12-30-2014, 02:12 PM   #99
Platinum Member

I read a review article the Motorhome site where they reviewed the 59G. They measured the "on the road" weight at 7440. That sounds about right as my van, loaded for travel (with all my gear like the yak and a heavy bike, etc), at the toll road scales still registered as a car. That means the weight is below 7600.

Interesting thing about the article, is that when they measured the weight, the distribution was almost 50/50 front to back. That is a tremendously good thing for handling dynamics and safety, and not a subject much talked about on this forum.

I wonder if those getting custom builds are aware of the distribution they are getting and what it is. Having remaining payload in general is one thing, but how useable it is is another, depending on remaining capacity of each axle.

Here's the link (weights at the bottom of the article in the specs section):

http://www.motorhome.com/rv-travel-n...h-travato-59g/
Old 12-30-2014, 02:31 PM   #100
Platinum Member

Good article.

Quote:
WET WEIGHT
(WATER & HEATER, FUEL, LP-GAS TANKS FULL; NO SUPPLIES OR PASSENGERS)
FRONT AXLE: 3,640 LBS
REAR AXLE: 3,800 LBS
TOTAL: 7,440 LBS
So, on a 59G, if you allowed 1,000 lbs for people, pets, food, drink, bedding, clothes, gear etc., you'd be about 900 lbs under GVWR.