Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Worst thing to say to a Class B'er

So I pull the RoadTrek into a KOA (first time ever! - conveniently located near a friend's house) last night. While I'm hooking up, a guy walking his dog stops, looks at it and asks (I kid you not), "How many clowns can you fit into that thing?"

I said "Nineteen. If by 'clowns,' you mean miles per gallon."
arrveedogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:08 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Worst thing to say to a Class B'er

He was maybe trying to be funny or friendly and forgot that he was including you as a clown ............. but there are many wittier conversation starters for sure. It depends on the day how I'd take it. A clever comeback like yours is handy.

One remark I didn't like was a comment to me that a campervan was like traveling in a bathroom which I took to be not so much a reference to the van size but instead a reference to the closeness of the waste facilities. Another day it wouldn't have bugged me I bet but that day it did. I didn't have a comeback
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #3

I would have asked him to step inside so I could see if one more would fit Personally, I get a little tired of people asking my why I didn't get something bigger, to which I try to give a civil response to the effect of "I like to be able to go anywhere on or off-road when I want to go camping", but the assumption that there is something wrong with anyone who would not go larger gets me riled easily...

- R
Old 06-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #4
Platinum Member

WrongWayRandall, I like that one!

I'm sure the guy was just trying to be funny, but it had been a long day. I usually get things like "That sure is a cute little rig!" Often the (male) driver of a nearby diesel pusher walks slowly by looking wistfully at the B, followed by wife who whisks him away with 'It doesn't even have any slideouts!' or some such.

Never got the bathroom comment, but one 5th wheeler I know refers to our B as 'the little box'. He didn't see the irony in the story of how his cat got into one of his rig's under-belly storage compartments and wouldn't come out. I guess that's what makes horse races.
arrveedogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 08:55 PM   #5
Bronze Member

When i finally get mine, i hope someone ask me something like " Why not a house?, why a box with wheels, you a hobo?"....because then i can reply " Why pay Property Tax?..why wake up and have to see the same neighbor every day?..why pay for rooms i hardly go into?...why put up with cable tv when there's nothing on and it's still an arm and a leg?" 0_o The Freedom of anywhere at anytime plus the bonus of having a beach front to wake up to and later that night to be able to watch the sun set in a National Forest...can you do that with a brick and stick house? o_0 No?..then there you go
Bugsy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:02 PM   #6
Platinum Member

I guess we have been pretty lucky and haven't really hit any look down their nose at you remarks. Closest would be the one we hear often about not killing each other due to proximity over time
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:59 AM   #7

"Man, that's an ugly rig"! To which I replied, " Same as the one I'm looking at" and we both laughed and enjoyed each others company for the next half hour or so! Lol
roadrunners is offline   Reply With Quote