Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2018, 04:10 PM   #41
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monica998 View Post
Everything cannot be only judged from the cost, the LiFePO4 has its own special advantages, such as, 1. Environmental protection. 2. Long-Life cycle battery, more than 1000 times and be up to 5-8 years cycle life. 3. The rate of self-discharge is much lower than the others. Suffer from no ageing after long storage. 4. The maximum discharge current of LiFePO4 battery can be 300A, which can have 3000W load capacity continuously, and can supply the power for the large electrical equipment and other household appliances simultaneously, like the air conditioners, refrigerator, washing machine, microwave oven, taking a shower and watching TV etc.. just working at the same time. Make you feel like at home!
LiFePO4 also has its own special disadvantages, most notably limits on charging when cold and, most seriously, the possibility of being destroyed in very cold weather.

Most of the comparisons you make above are with small FLA batteries. The differences you suggest are greatly exaggerated when compared to a large AGM battery. The only REAL significant disadvantages of the latter (if you have room for enough of them) are weight, size, and charge time.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 09:18 AM   #42
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotterdam View Post
I work full time as a high school teacher, and I park in DC behind a townhouse with 20 amp electric hook-ups. The van is my only vehicle. .
  • Do you pay the owner of the townhouse for electricity?
  • Is it private parking? If not, in DC you risk coming “home” and finding someone in your space.
  • Any hassles from neighbors?

(Years ago, we lived in a townhouse in Clarendon and had someone sleeping in a pickup trucked parked on the street behind us for a summer. We assumed he was working construction, showering at the YMCA nearby.)
Adriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 02:31 AM   #43
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
I am looking forward to see your product information. You have chosen "interesting" marketing to get into NA market. Will AliExpress become your distribution channel or you will have NA distributors?

Good luck,
Thanks for your admiration! Now we want to do the promotion for our own website. About the AliExpress, we will consider about it later and the other things. Thanks!
Monica998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 02:32 AM   #44
Gold Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
LiFePO4 also has its own special disadvantages, most notably limits on charging when cold and, most seriously, the possibility of being destroyed in very cold weather.

Most of the comparisons you make above are with small FLA batteries. The differences you suggest are greatly exaggerated when compared to a large AGM battery. The only REAL significant disadvantages of the latter (if you have room for enough of them) are weight, size, and charge time.
On the contrary,whether it (the LiFePO4 batteries) is lighter from the weight, or have more cycle life or higher recharge efficiency than the other batteries.
For more, please access to http://www.svpartyoffive.com/2017/11...ifepo4-post-1/. Thanks!
Old 09-18-2018, 09:37 AM   #45
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monica998 View Post
On the contrary,whether it (the LiFePO4 batteries) is lighter from the weight, or have more cycle life or higher recharge efficiency than the other batteries.
For more, please access to http://www.svpartyoffive.com/2017/11...ifepo4-post-1/. Thanks!
...contrary?, I just can't see your point. Pete's point was rather clear. The link provided didn’t answer Pete’s stated disadvantages, sailing on tropical seas is not done on ice.

I can see that Internet is your friend, what would help your marketing scheme would be to provide your own information about product you are planning to launch versus dancing on multiple websites.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 09:43 AM   #46
Bronze Member

Hey, I get a email notification everytime you guys argue about batteries. I thought this post was about living fulltime in a Class B which I do so I left the notifications on. Please start a different thread about batteries if that's you're intrest. Thanks
AnFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 06:49 PM   #47
Platinum Member

Back to the OT, I can see living in the B, for some time anyway. The small size of the B doesn't bother me, any place I would want to stay for long periods rather than traveling would have the great outdoors available as living space. I like the Fit RV's small utility trailer for their bikes, something like that would go a long way towards making camp hosting more fun if you stay in one place for a long time.
Mfturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 07:02 PM   #48
Bronze Member

Something to think about is even though Class B's can be used like a regular car to run errands and stuff sometimes it's a hassle because it's set up different for living or driving. Things have to be secured and if you're in a Rv park you might have to disconnect the water and power. Not a big deal but a bike or a motorcycle are nice to have.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:14 PM   #49
Platinum Member

My take on the OT:

A "B" is great for trips and boondocking, but I definitely wouldn't want to live in it, full-time. At the minimum, I want a "home base", even if it is just a small house. There are things like laundry areas, storage, and so on, which may not matter for trips, but are important for day to day life. For example, space to store my NAS units for file backups and storage.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 07:30 PM   #50
Bronze Member

Yeah actually I rent a garage for storage. Mostly tools and motorcycles. I'm slowly downsizing it but I couldn't fit everything I own in a Class B even with the trailer.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:33 AM   #51
Gold Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
...contrary?, I just can't see your point. Pete's point was rather clear. The link provided didn’t answer Pete’s stated disadvantages, sailing on tropical seas is not done on ice.

I can see that Internet is your friend, what would help your marketing scheme would be to provide your own information about product you are planning to launch versus dancing on multiple websites.
Dear sir, the author of the article is just a passenger. Everyone has their own freedom of speech on the Internet, I just happen to see it. As everyone known, our website is still upgrading and we still do the preparation right now. So please don't be angry, we just speak out the truth. Thanks!
Old 09-19-2018, 03:40 AM   #52
Silver Member

I "full time" in my 2017 Carado Axion as well. The tanks just barely last me 4 nights and 5 days of use. So basically it covers my week days and and then I visit family on the weekends. It works out well for my schedule since I go to school M-F then I visit the beach where I have an annual parking permit and can dump my tanks plus refill fresh water from a hose. I used to go to camping grounds to dump my tanks as a byproduct of truly camping, but I no longer do that since I stick mostly coastal now. It also limits my mileage which in turn keeps gas prices down. I use perhaps about a half tank every week which is not bad in my mind and helps justify this lifestyle on my shoestring budget.

In terms of space, it has evolved over the past few months as I used to keep a bike and stuff along the hallway and even into the galley. I now have a clean and organized RV and it's all thanks to a folding hitch mounted carrier, a rear ladder, and a ladder mounted bike carrier! I even went with a dual hitch so I can still tow without removing anything. Great setup for my needs.

Oh and I live mostly IN my van with my Pomeranian and he loves it too! Although I hope to live OUT of it on occasion as I love the outdoors and off-roading so I hope to get some K02's and have it soon once I fortify the interior more to take a beating.
silex840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:44 PM   #53
Bronze Member

Yes, it's private and I pay the owner, and I don't think the neighbors even know I'm there. It is not a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriana View Post
  • Do you pay the owner of the townhouse for electricity?
  • Is it private parking? If not, in DC you risk coming “home” and finding someone in your space.
  • Any hassles from neighbors?

(Years ago, we lived in a townhouse in Clarendon and had someone sleeping in a pickup trucked parked on the street behind us for a summer. We assumed he was working construction, showering at the YMCA nearby.)
kmrotterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 06:37 AM   #54
Gold Member

I lived in a 14’ trailer for 4 months, then traded it for a 26’ Class A Winnebago, which I lived in for 4 years. Once Volkswagon bought back my #dieselgate car, I sold the Winnebago and built out a custom 2017 ProMaster van and had Sportsmobile West install a penthouse top on it (huge mistake, a nightmare consumer story for another time). And I live in it (I live out of it). The convenience of a MUCH easier to drive go anywhere vehicle, MUCH better MPG’s, and park anywhere size was more than a fair trade off for space. Seriously. I stay with family and friends when I’m traveling, live with the BF when I’m home in CA... but that’s it. Other than that, I’m in the van. And if I sell this beauty, I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another van to build out or buy a proper Class B. It’s doable for a simple-needs person like myself because I have a regular sized shower stall built in. It wouldn’t be doable without a shower though... #spoiled.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4C19D448-5757-4D64-9133-67C3A0B18DC0.jpg (169.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg BED962EC-B1F7-4BB6-9714-981A353FBCE3.jpg (228.9 KB, 7 views)
VocalVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 12:18 PM   #55
Bronze Member

Nice van I haven't used the shower in my Roadtrek. If I had no other choice i'd use the outside shower. I have self standing tent for this purpose. Problem is it would use more water than I'd like. I have a membership with Planet Fitness. Just $10 a month and usually open 24 hours so I shower there. Also use Flying J but it's $12 a shower.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:28 PM   #56
Gold Member

I also use Planet Fitness, but when I’m boondocking somewhere beautiful, I have a nice hot shower in the van. The shower is 24x32, solid walls, drip-drain, permanent... it is a regular shower stall, but inside a van .
Old 09-21-2018, 09:31 PM   #57
Bronze Member

No such luck in my old Roadtrek ��
Old 09-21-2018, 10:48 PM   #58
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VocalVirgo View Post
The shower is 24x32, solid walls, drip-drain, permanent... it is a regular shower stall, but inside a van .
BTW, how did they build that solid wall shower in your pop-top unit?

Is it solid wall up to the Promaster's low roof level and then a shower curtain enclosure up to the pop-top? Or did they build some type of telescoping shower wall assembly?
rockymtnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 05:49 PM   #59
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymtnb View Post
BTW, how did they build that solid wall shower in your pop-top unit?

Is it solid wall up to the Promaster's low roof level and then a shower curtain enclosure up to the pop-top? Or did they build some type of telescoping shower wall assembly?
They didn’t build it, I did. I thought SMB shower layouts were garbage, and knew I could build a better one myself. After the top was installed, (and after having it repaired the first 2 times), we started the build out. The shower in in the rear, not quite centered, and about 18 inches from the back doors (so I could have really good garage space). It shares its 2 side walls with cupboards, the back wall is floor to SMB trim, and the front is a black curtain. It’s very obvious that there is a shower in the van when you first peek inside. It’s the first thing everyone comments on. When the top is up, I can shower and a few inches of my noggin stick up MASH style, which is kind of fun. I’ve not showered with the top down. And of course, coming from an A Class, I use the shower for storage for the composting toilet, water jugs, hanging laundry bag, hanging wet towels, toiletries bag, and my boyfriend if he gets on my nerves (kidding). I used to use the oven in the A Class for storage, like most people, so this was a no-brainer!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3BE1A6C0-430E-4109-8D81-A7B0C9FEE9F6.jpg (235.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 04C60ACE-CA90-477C-A267-AB1C9837CA8C.jpg (199.7 KB, 19 views)
Old 09-29-2018, 03:23 PM   #60
Joe
Platinum Member

Send a message via AIM to Joe
Default Joe

Have spent 3 months at a time and plan on longer stays. Always want a house to come home to. But think we could do it.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote