Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2018, 04:54 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Would you live in your Class B?

I actually know someone who lives in a Roadtrek 190...

He says his wife can't sleep well anywhere else and loves living out of the van.....

I love my Roadtrek RS Adventurous but the idea of living out it full time would never cross my mind for even a second... It's just too small for us.

What do you think???
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 05:27 PM   #2

We have a spinner interstate GT but is far as living in it,no, though in the 70’s I did live in my Westfailia for months at a time in Mexico and Central America.
These days I like the few comforts of a late model B.
Darrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 07:14 PM   #3
Gold Member

I Full-time in a RT 210P.
I don’t live IN my Van.
I live OUT of it.

There’s a difference
angelmroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 08:02 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Only the most dire circumstances would force us to live in our 2004 LTV FreeSpirit 210B. We're not large people, but the aisle between the sink/stove side and the bathroom/closet side is not wide enough for the two of us to pass. Having to cook in it would cause everything in the van to smell like last night's dinner or this morning's breakfast. Enduring a long stretch of rainy weather would have us climbing the walls.

I think we could full-time in a Class A or a good-size 5th wheel trailer, but that would require a rethinking of just how we want to live. My wife likes being near a small circle of friends. We both like living in a house with a yard and room for a garden, and feeling rooted in the city and neighborhood where we live. Maybe when we're retired our style of living will change.
rvsprinterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 08:04 PM   #5

Default Living “out of” the van

Good point, I would have to agree. I’m regards to living “out” of the van.
Darrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 08:20 PM   #6

I'm planning on full timing in a couple years or so. Travato GL is the early leading choice, might start another thread on that...
SteveBrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 08:26 PM   #7
Platinum Member

The only thing that would keep me from full-timing is my wood shop at home. I do like to make stuff.

The issues rvsprinterguy mentions do not apply to our selfbuild in a 136" PM. It does not have an aisle--we can be doing different things at once without interference. There are ways to avoid food smells. And I LOVE rainy days in the van.

Build Site: msnomersvan.wordpress.com
Travel Site: woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 08:43 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Default I understand.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmroman View Post
I Full-time in a RT 210P.
I don’t live IN my Van.
I live OUT of it.

There’s a difference
I hope you have a great supply of SUNSCREEN.......

The person we know is a volunteer for the state parks... gets a FREE place to live...free electricity and is usually at the beach in the summer.... don't know about winter ...

There's not much room inside.... even my RS Adventurous model is just a little bit larger at just under 23 feet....

Do you use the shower a lot...it has an aisle shower drain in the floor????

The Chevy Express is nice... just eats a lot of gasoline....??
Old 09-10-2018, 02:39 AM   #9
Gold Member

Cannot imagine living in the RVs for most of the time, the space is also limited and have some inconvenience because of the insufficient lead-acid power supply at present.
Monica998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 04:54 AM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monica998 View Post
Cannot imagine living in the RVs for most of the time, the space is also limited and have some inconvenience because of the insufficient lead-acid power supply at present.
Hi Monica. I see you're in China. I was in Beijing in June, and on a tour bus trip to the Great Wall, I saw a few RVs in the countryside.

I'm curious about whether you have an RV, and if so, what type?
Old 09-10-2018, 05:18 AM   #11
Platinum Member

Default Notice that you have an Airstream Basecamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvsprinterguy View Post
Hi Monica. I see you're in China. I was in Beijing in June, and on a tour bus trip to the Great Wall, I saw a few RVs in the countryside.

Hi Monica,

I noticed that you have an Airstream Basecamp... I actually saw one of these in person; a camper nearby had one. They are really nice.

Do you pull this with a large car or small truck?

Nice thing about a rig like this is you can unhook the trailer and just use your vehicle.

--Mark

First Name
Monica
My RV make and model
Airstream Basecamp
Old 09-10-2018, 05:38 AM   #12
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 View Post
Hi Monica,

I noticed that you have an Airstream Basecamp... I actually saw one of these in person; a camper nearby had one. They are really nice.

Do you pull this with a large car or small truck?

Nice thing about a rig like this is you can unhook the trailer and just use your vehicle.

--Mark

First Name
Monica
My RV make and model
Airstream Basecamp
Oops, didn't think to look that up. Thanks, Mark.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:11 AM   #13
Platinum Member

Quote:
Are you researching Li RV batteries market for the Creabest Company? Your company has replacement batteries for various tools but didn’t see 12V lithium batteries for RV application. https://www.creabest.com/pages/about-us.

Best of luck.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 05:27 PM   #14
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 View Post
I actually know someone who lives in a Roadtrek 190...

He says his wife can't sleep well anywhere else and loves living out of the van.....

I love my Roadtrek RS Adventurous but the idea of living out it full time would never cross my mind for even a second... It's just too small for us.

What do you think???
I'm currently planning on retiring in 3 years, selling my house, and living in my 1999 RT 190 Popular full time with my 4 dachshunds. I think I would eventually like a larger RV for full time living, but the RT is paid off and is easier to drive and park. I expect to do more traveling the first year as well. I've been doing some research the past 2 months on full timing, and I've seen several Youtube videos by people full-timing in Class B's or other small vehicles. I think it depends on the person whether or not a Class B is suitable. I've owned Class B's for about 12 years and am on my 3rd one. The longest I've camped in one is 3 weeks, but I wasn't anxious to get home.
Pam G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 07:46 AM   #15
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvsprinterguy View Post
Just like you said, the total of RVs from 2016 to 2017 in China is 45,000, which is much less than the other foreign countries, but in recent years there has been a gradual upward trends in China.
Actually we have the RVs, which belongs to the company - like self-propelled type B, etc..
Old 09-11-2018, 07:56 AM   #16
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
Are you researching Li RV batteries market for the Creabest Company? Your company has replacement batteries for various tools but didn’t see 12V lithium batteries for RV application. https://www.creabest.com/pages/about-us.

Best of luck.
Actually we're upgrading the website since this week, and then we'll upload the latest products about the RV batteries, but mostly focus on the LiFePO4 batteries. You can see it by the end of this month at the latest.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:27 PM   #17
BBQ
Platinum Member

There are a bunch of people living out of camper vans in the deserts.

They live in anything from a converted cargo van . . . to a Roadtrek-type Class B . . . to bigger machines.

They seem to be having a good time out there.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:36 AM   #18
Platinum Member

Default The Desert

BBQ: Cool place to camp in desert = Palm Canyon. In wildlife preserve south of Quartzite. Close to Colorado river. Also BML land right around the visitor center at Cibola wildlife refuge. No hookups in either. Nice hike in Palm Canyon to an area of palms unique to AZ and the US. Cibola is right on the CO river and on the CA side are large farms. Interesting country. Solar works great there! Been in AZ 40+ years and never been over there until 2 years ago.
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 06:05 AM   #19
Gold Member

Yesterday I have seen so many beautiful photos about the people travelling with their pets in RVs, just like you said, most of them really took the RVs as their home or very important part in their lives.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:54 PM   #20
Gold Member

Same here my woodshop is a big deal and my automotive tools.
Maybe if I were single I might live in a B due to cost and physical upkeep of a house and property

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNomer View Post
The only thing that would keep me from full-timing is my wood shop at home. I do like to make stuff.

The issues rvsprinterguy mentions do not apply to our selfbuild in a 136" PM. It does not have an aisle--we can be doing different things at once without interference. There are ways to avoid food smells. And I LOVE rainy days in the van.
Brad1998RD is offline   Reply With Quote