Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #21
Joe
Platinum Member

Send a message via AIM to Joe
Default Re: Xplorer Fans?

I have no idea what they are for. The Con. water just runs out the back of my unit directly off the roof.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:25 PM   #22

Greetings from central Illinois!
I feel fortunate to have found this site and this forum. We have been rv'ers for many years, having had 3 popups and one small 5th wheel. We got our Xplorer a couple years ago in an estate sale. It's a 1988 Model 222, Xtra Van in very, very good condition all around and only 65k miles. Although it had set for awhile and needed some TLC, we got a bargain. I paid their asking price, but it was really low. We love it- no more hooking/unhooking etc., just light the fire and go.
I'm only the second owner and I have every scrap of paper ever generated- every bit of work done, right down to all the oil changes! I have the owners manuals- the Dodge truck and the rv, also drawings and wiring diagrams. Sounds like I got it all, BUT, not quite. There's one thing I can't find out about in all the stuff I got. It's an air ride shock or suspension system that has two air pressure valves in the back bumper, one on either side of the license plate. I have no information and absolutely no experience with any sort of air ride. Can anyone tell me how to find out, or would you know how much air pressure this system might need, minimum and maximum. Because I have nothing on this, I hesitate to pressurize the system (with my luck I might over pressurize it and blow it up). I put a tire guage on the valves and got nothing on one side and next to nothing on the other. Thanks for any help
Joe G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 02:59 AM   #23

Hi Joe: i don't know if this will help ,but my book says to not run the bags empty. I keep about 15 Lbs in mine. All the book gives is the mim and max .
doodaa-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:02 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Received in an email from Walt:

Quote:
If they are Firestone air bags he can go up to 90 Lbs depending on the load and the minimum is to just keep air in the bags.
and

Quote:
In storage use about 80 lbs to keep the weight off the springs , and if you lift the unit by the frame let the air out of the air bags.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:23 PM   #25

Have a 1975 Xplorer Class B Short Body. Has the Chrysler 318 V-8. Has been repainted and garaged most years
I've owned it. I believe from my research that Frank Inds built these Short Body Class B's for only 2 or 3 years....
possibly some in 1974 also "75" and the last in 1976. Does anyone have additional info and pictures??? The chrome"Xplorer" emblems that were on the front doors are long gone. Would like to know where I might buy replacements??? I'll appreciate any info. This "75" is a good "runner" ..last trip was to Glacier Mont. from Deleware.
No real issues or problems to report...tho the name Motor Coach is a "stretch" fot this 2-3 person vehicle. Hope
this post stimulates some discussion about these older Frank Ind Class B's.
JOBEN
joben1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:53 PM   #26

Just wanted to say hello, just found a 1982 xplorer Dodge van. All we need is new dinette seat upholstery some TLC and we are off. Hope to some interaction of like minded folks. Wahtosh
Wahtosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:56 PM   #27

I have one of the xplorer emblems on my xplorer, is there anyplace that might duplicate , any ideas?
Old 07-13-2014, 01:36 PM   #28

Found a 1982 Dodge xplorer van and just need to share ideas, where to find hard to find parts etc etc. getting it tuned up and all engine details ready, am in process of redoing all seats and door panels, fun fun
Old 06-21-2015, 01:30 PM   #29

I have a 1998 Xplorer and I am looking for Heat Pump Frame model 314989. Can anyone direct me to where I might find one?
vanderhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:19 PM   #30

I have a 1999 xplorer that I just love it is the 230xlwidebody.
sshaines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:18 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshaines View Post
I have a 1999 xplorer that I just love it is the 230xlwidebody.
We adore ours. The best thing we have noticed with our Xplorer is that it has a place for a eating table so the bed doesn't need to be made up everyday. We bought it in fall of 2006. It still had the plastic on the carpet and only had 11,000 miles.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:35 AM   #32

Default looking for Xplorer 230xlw folding seats / sofa

I'm new to this forum and have a new (to me) 2001 230XLW. The previous owner took out the original sofa/dinette it was built with and used the area as a mobile office with a chair and drop leaf table. This floorplan had two seating options for the dinette area and mine had the jack knife sofa. I'm trying to locate either the two facing seats or the sofa to put back in. I've got all the original paperwork, including the build sheet and have contacted the vendor shrockmfg.com that made the original seating. They told me the frames were special order made only for Xplorer and were a custom size. They no longer have the tooling and couldn't reproduce it for me. Does anyone have any photos of their dinette setup they can send me? I'd like to get a better idea of what it looked like so I can find suitable replacement seating.

Thanks
an av8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 03:36 AM   #33

Default east

I can send you photos of the jack knife dinette that I have in my 89 228. I would imagine the set up would be identical to the one that used to be in your van.
east is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 11:07 AM   #34

Default folding seats / sofa

The seat/sofa that is in our Xplorer...We could never figure out how on the chair was made to lay flat into a sofa. However, if you like I can still send you a picture of our chair/sofa. Please advise. Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving.
Old 04-09-2016, 04:07 PM   #35

Default 1974 Dodge Xplorer

Hi guys! New to this thread and new to the rv world. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best place to locate a gas tank for a 1974 Dodge Xplorer 228?
rbell74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 04:33 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbell74 View Post
Hi guys! New to this thread and new to the rv world. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best place to locate a gas tank for a 1974 Dodge Xplorer 228?
Have you tried to search for a gas tank for that model / year of dodge van? Ignore the fact that it's an Xplorer. Remember it's a Dodge.
InterestingStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:49 PM   #37

Default Info please

I'm looking at a '91 Dodge xplorer m-23-xl.
Does anyone know what I should be looking for?
Thanks.
Young1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 06:21 PM   #38
Silver Member

Default What Model is it.

I sheepishly ask this but I have never found out what Model my Xplorer is.
I found several that look like it and I think it's this
1988 Model 222, Xtra Van
I have looked at all the door tags , engine tags. But nothing says what it is.
Just not sure and I'm not sure It matters I just wanted to know.

JerrMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 11:24 PM   #39
Silver Member

Do any of you have a second battery if so where is it. Mine was under the hood but I've replaced the engine battery with a larger one and the camper battery was tiny anyway. I would like to add large deep cycle but where's a good place.
I was thinking where the generator used to be. That's a long run from the Isolator
Old 10-01-2016, 11:27 PM   #40
Silver Member

Can some one tell me how to Identify what model my Van is
it's a 1988 Dodge xplorer Xtra Van.
Where would I find this?