Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2014, 12:51 AM   #21
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan
Default Re: Yes, it's winter but

I saw that on the weather radar map. Nasty looking. Some of it looks like it might be headed our way, but I doubt it will amount to much, and you're right about it not sticking for very long if it does.
Shovels are back in the shed. We're done shoveling.
It's over for us starting Tuesday, for sure.
We're heading south for a few weeks.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:14 AM   #22
Bronze Member

Oh, man. Had to turn the ac on today. Approaching 90. Come on down.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:22 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Woke up to cool temps and some goose down on the car, but nothing on the ground. Sunshine and cool right now.

gdoug: We'll only get about as close to you as Atlanta, GA on this trip, before we head west to Baton Rouge. However, our plans can change on a whim, just as easily.
Maybe next winter we'll visit the Sunshine State. Haven't been there in 4 years, so we're probably overdue.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:51 PM   #24

Threads like this make me appreciate why I came back to not-always-sunny Florida after leaving the military twentyeight years ago.
Despite one night&day with ice on the roads - VERY strange for my AO! - we never got less than 29 degrees F this past winter (northern Florida). In prior years we have had a couple days in the high teens to low twenties. One reason I decided to go to a Class B van camper was waking up one fine morning to ice crusting my one-man bivy tent!!
Old 04-24-2014, 04:04 PM   #25
Platinum Member

Your 10-20 in Florida, and Yuma, AZ, may be the only areas that regularly survived the extensive cold snaps this winter past. Wish we was there, too!!!

We just got back from a 15 day route that took us to Atlanta, Baton Rouge, then northwest to Amarillo and on to the 4 Corners, where we stopped at Mesa Verde NP, and then west to Monument Valley. Both were spectacular and worth the time. From there we headed slightly farther west to northern and southern AZ, and southern UT at Bryce Canyon, then north and home along I-70/I-76 through Colorado, and back along a typically windblown I-80. We added a last minute side trip southeast to Indianapolis, to check it off the State Capitols list, and then back north to Sarnia from there.
Although the temps yesterday in Port Huron. MI and Sarnia were probably the lowest we saw in the 15 day excursion, there weren't many relatively warm evenings or nights anywhere we stopped, except near Baton Rouge. It only got down into the mid 50F range overnight there. Just about every other stop got down much closer to freezing overnight. It got low enough one or two times that it caused us to use the furnace to keep ourselves and the tanks and lines warm, which was surprising since temperatures seemed to be rising here, just before we left.