Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2015, 02:56 AM   #1
rtz
Bronze Member

Default Zion and Travato

I like both the Zion and the Travato. Pleasure-Way would be in the running and a consideration if only they offered up a model that did not block off the back door of the van like all their models do.

What are the chances of them ever offering up a model that doesn't have that fold down couch across the back?

Will be interesting to see what the Transit brings to market.

If they would put that electric sofa on both sides; and nothing in the back; that would be perfect. Or even just put it on the side with the sink so when it folds down; it makes a bed.

http://pleasureway.com/pleasure-way-promaster-lexor/
rtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 12:32 PM   #2
Platinum Member

It would be easy enough to build a twin bed model in that configuration so you could step thru. The Lexor is almost identical in features to my former 2005 Pleasure-way Plateau Sprinter right down to tank sizes. They haven't changed a lot in a decade with the exception now it seems with lithium-ion batteries which I suspect are drop ins.

The electric sofa/beds became popular because of the versatility and somewhat new and glitzy. Dealers would not buy anything but electric sofas for spec sales. You could still get twin beds on order then the twin bed kind of just fell by the wayside.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 01:22 PM   #3
Bronze Member

You can order the Pleasure Way Lexor with twin beds as a no cost option. It's on their website. I think this is an option on all of their models.

What counts them out for me is their 3-way fridge. I want a 12V compressor fridge.

The specs for the twin bed option are shown here http://pleasureway.com/pleasure-way-promaster-lexor/

26" x76"
CyclingCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 08:50 PM   #4
Platinum Member

I would like the Travato 59K with the engine generator of the Zion.
tbirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:10 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdman View Post
You can do one, it's available in the aftermarket

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:27 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdman View Post
Why?

Eric

"Il Travato Rosso"
2015 Travato 59g
eric1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 02:15 AM   #7
rtz
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclingCamper View Post
You can order the Pleasure Way Lexor with twin beds as a no cost option. It's on their website. I think this is an option on all of their models.

26" x76"
I think they are referring to using each side without the full bed being fully made up(the middle filler). The power sofa is still there across the back.
rtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 02:49 AM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric1514 View Post
Why?

Eric
Quieter and less maintenance. If the Travato engine runs, the generator should work. With an Onan you need to service another engine.
tbirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 12:49 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Every van with an inverter has an engine generator. The primary difference between them would be the power output. An 2004 RT 190P could produce 600 watts 110V AC with the van engine running as delivered from the factory.

A basic budget engine generator with 1,000 watts up to maybe 1,400 watts is easy to implement. It gets more expensive if you require more power. That's when you need to replace the alternator with a higher output model or add second dedicated alternator.

If your need is to power a small microwave oven occasionally via running the engine then that is easy and wouldn't cost much to do. If your power needs are greater such as 15 or 20 amps at 110v AC then it gets more expensive and more complicated.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 01:59 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markopolo View Post
Every van with an inverter has an engine generator. The primary difference between them would be the power output. An 2004 RT 190P could produce 600 watts 110V AC with the van engine running as delivered from the factory.

A basic budget engine generator with 1,000 watts up to maybe 1,400 watts is easy to implement. It gets more expensive if you require more power. That's when you need to replace the alternator with a higher output model or add second dedicated alternator.

If your need is to power a small microwave oven occasionally via running the engine then that is easy and wouldn't cost much to do. If your power needs are greater such as 15 or 20 amps at 110v AC then it gets more expensive and more complicated.
I agree, and with the newer models, which appear to be coming with bigger alternators, the situation of getting basic generator capability is even easier. The Chevy in Marko's example would probably have a 145 amp alternator, most new stuff is closer to 200 amps.

Several folks have been able to run a small microwave on 1000 watt or even 750 watt inverters, like the the very common Tripplite, but it can be very microwave model dependent. Unfortunately, the Dometic micro that so many builders use seems to be one of the more sensitive ones and won't run on many inverters. It seems to need about 1500 watts of inverter to operate.

One thing to remember is that on a very basic system, you may, or may not, be removing charge from the battery when using high load stuff with the van running. It can go either way, based on the vehicle and load, so you need to be aware of that, and figure it into you daily usage monitoring.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote