Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2011, 04:55 PM   #1

Default 1996 Rialta Generator Issues

Just purchased a 96 Rialta without a generator. Any suggestions? Understand that the Generac is no longer made for this rig. Will an Onan built for 2000 rig fit the 96? Would appreciate any ideas.

nelson6654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:49 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Default 1996 Rialta Generator Issues

Hi!

I have a 1999 Rialta that I purchased in 2010 used. The Generac didn't work right, took it to Camping World and their techs burned it up. Had a terrible time getting answers about retrofitting with the Onan. It can be put in and the only place that could tell me anything was Rialta Heaven. They have a website with the same name. They have the work done by a subcontractor. I was lucky to find a used Generac NP-30g that was salvaged out of a wrecked Rialta. It only had 70 hrs and luckily worked like a champ. If anything goes with this one I will retrofit the Onan Microlite 2.8 kw. There has to be a bit of modification but it shouldn't be too much. There is something they mentioned about the new Onan being compatible with the Control Panel by the kitchen sink. Hope this helps?

CGAZ Paul is offline   Reply With Quote