Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2014, 02:10 PM   #1

Default 1997 Rialta Rust

This is a 1997 Rialta that was stored indoors. The problem was that the toilette dropped down a little bit wich led to me removing the LH interior to reveal no floor, just rust. This Rialta was never driven in snow and was kept indoors. I am quite certain that ALL of them are doing this.

Rustalta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:15 PM   #2

Default 1997 Rialta Rust

I will post the pic later, I cant post it from an apple!

Rustalta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:51 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Default 1997 Rialta Rust

The best thing is to join http://www.bigtent.com and look up rust subject on discussion groups. A NH member has spent $8K on rust repair to his rialta. Winnebago did a poor job of building the rear section of the Rialta and did not rust proof the metal very well. There are a lot of R's that are not rusty and are still being driven today. Also you may want to join the Yahoo Rialta-Tech group for more files on repairs and modifications.

mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:22 PM   #4

Default 1997 Rialta Rust

mloganusda said:The best thing is to join http://www.bigtent.com and look up rust subject on discussion groups. A NH member has spent $8K on rust repair to his rialta. Winnebago did a poor job of building the rear section of the Rialta and did not rust proof the metal very well. There are a lot of R's that are not rusty and are still being driven today. Also you may want to join the Yahoo Rialta-Tech group for more files on repairs and modifications.

Our 96 is very rusty underbeath and want to try getting rid of it. What about silica or soda ash blasting. anyone done it or knows which way is best?

Tom G is offline   Reply With Quote