Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2011, 02:19 PM   #1

Default Can you tow a small trailer?

I would like to tow a small moped on a lightweight trailer with my Rialta. The moped is about 350 pounds and the trailer is about 400 pounds. Do any of you have any experience in towing with your Rialta? I just want to make sure it is safe to tow this on my Rialta

guscord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:52 PM   #2

I did some research online and I found a small trailer at http://www.scootatrailer.com that is specifically made for small cars that will probably work great on the Rialta. The trailer weighs only 285 pounds and measures 30" x 60". The important information on this trailer is that "the weight on the trailer hitch when the scooter is loaded is only 35-75 pounds". They do have a larger trailer that is 37" x 66". According to their information the weight on the trailer hitch is still the same. This weight on the trailer hitch is well within the Gross Weight limitations on the Rialta.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:47 PM   #3

Today, I was advised by Gary Kobriger Service Advisor with Winnebago Industries that the posted tow limits for the 2001 Winnebago Rialta 22QD is 2000lbs draw with 100lbs max vertical tongue weight. As a result, I wanted to share this information with all of you.