Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2011, 04:54 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Efficiency of motoraid hot water!! Whew!

I have owned RV's since 1992 and had only heard of these motoraid features but never got to experience it first (hand) pun intended. Got my 1999 HD last year in 2010 and started down the road. I had anticipated how this thing really worked - not expecting more than lame luke-warm water. After a couple hours of driving I stopped and thought I'd give the thing a try. I hate to be negative or synical but I turned the kitchen faucet on full and just left my hand under it, hoping to feel something. Lord have mercy!!! I could have made coffee. It was hotter than any rv faucet water I have felt before. My hand was pretty raw for a few hours. Lesson learned! I think it is my number one thrill of a Rialta feature.

I have since replaced the hoses from the Atwood Water Heater under the rear dinnette, including all the rubber elbows and a brand new metal "Y" pipe from Winnebago (old one was suspect of leaking). I didn't want any problems with that system. This included the rubber elbows that come out of the coach by the rear wheel.

CGAZ Paul is offline   Reply With Quote