Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2010, 09:44 AM   #1

Default Electric windows

The drivers side window will sometimes go up and down and other times won't move but then wait awhile and then it works again. Does anyon know whats happening?

RialtaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:54 PM   #2

Default Electric windows

The book says that the windows are on a circuit breaker but have no idea where it is. It seems the mirrors are on that same breaker. Does any body know where this breaker is?

RialtaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:14 PM   #3

Default Electric windows

What year is your Rialta? My 2000 has a fuse controlling the mirrors and windows. I'll have to answer you again when I get home to look up the location of the fuse. It is below the steering wheel on the second row down (bottom) of the fuse block. There are only two fuses in that row. It is the leftmost fuse.

The window switch could be intermittant (Bad connection that goes good and bad due to vibration, temp changes, etc).

Could be a broken wire in the cable that gets flexed each time the door is opened and closed.

Fuse could be about to fall out of the holder theryby giving an intermittant connection.

If your circuit really is controlled by a circuit breaker, it could be going bad or not seated properly in its holder.

The window motor could be going bad and pulling too much current which would heat the breaker and shut off until the breaker cooled down and came back on, then the window could start running again by itself until it got to the open or closed shut-off switch.

Does the window do that?

Give me some more hints.

Turner

Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:55 PM   #4

Default Electric windows

Actually the Power Mirrors and maybe the Power windows are on the second fuse from the left. Fuse # 12.

Fuse # 10 is the power locks.

Also shows in the upper bay of fuses that # 14 is back-up lights and power mirrors and Fuse # 21 is power locks, interior & luggage compartment locks.

Pull each one of these fuses one at a time to verify.

Turner

Turner is offline   Reply With Quote