Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2010, 02:08 PM   #1
D0N
Bronze Member

Default Gas Mileage? What are you really getting for MPG?

Please state the year, type of driving (highway, city or country) and your MPG.

I think it would be great to have some real numbers from Rialta owners.

Thanks!

My 1996 gets 16 MPG country/city driving and 20 mpg on the highway. I travel at 70 MPH on the highway usually. This puts the Tachometer at 4000 rpms.

D0N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:13 PM   #2

1995 5 cyl 2.5L in Somerset England. On motorways about 24mpg but more on cruise on long runs without having to accelerate and slow down all the time. say 26mpg.
In town a lot less but no figures.

kobefred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:31 PM   #3

I have a 2005 Rialta QD. Between charleston SC and Milw. Wi. ( I do this a lot) I have mountains,

flat areas, hot/cold, hills and dales. I'll always average between 18.5 and 20 MPG. Now, I don't

drive fast. 65-70, try to stay in that range. At 70 all day, I'll get 18- 18.5. At 65 all day,

I'll get my 20MPG. Hopes this helps.

Bakengdeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:37 PM   #4

2003 model 22HD we just did a rocky mountain trip from tucson and back 3 people extra weight somewhat did 65 - 75 and some city driving we got anywhere between 17.5 - 19.5 mpg that included some generator use while still in desert
we were pleased

has anybody noticed a big difference with tire size?
we are thinking of putting the bigger tire upfront too just to make the rotation easier

leen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #5

leen1 said:2003 model 22HD we just did a rocky mountain trip from tucson and back 3 people extra weight somewhat did 65 - 75 and some city driving we got anywhere between 17.5 - 19.5 mpg that included some generator use while still in desert we were pleased has anybody noticed a big difference with tire size? we are thinking of putting the bigger tire upfront too just to make the rotation easier

Could someone tell me more about tire sizes and the benefits for using larger tires? Thanks

angeandjoce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 02:10 AM   #6
Platinum Member

1999 Rialta HD. I drive between Casa Grande, AZ and San Diego on the I-8. The speed limit is 75 mph until Yuma, AZ and once in California it goes to 70 mph for the most part. The mountains are steep and a bit daunting but my rig climbs it pretty well. That stretch gets me around 17-18 mpg. From San Diego to Los Angeles and back I got over 19 mpg travelling at 65 mph. Next trip I will slow down and see what happens. I have gotten 21 mpg before. No need to race to a fire at all times. The Rialta is the quietest and most solid rig I have owned or driven. It handled those mountain curves like a sports car. On a side note here; when I picked up my Rialta in 2010 (used) from Florida, the trip back to AZ went great until the last 10 miles. A crazy man in an old pickup came out of the Rest Area and started coming upon vehicles trying to hit them. This was at 75 mph. I carefully passed him but then he came after me. I figured it would be o.k. so I had the Rialta exceeding 100 mph in the desert (no problem) and got away. It was either fight or flight. The Rialta flew! I don't recommend EVER taking it that fast, but it handled like a sports car. We called 911 to turn the sniper in.

CGAZ Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:32 PM   #7

kobefred said:1995 5 cyl 2.5L in Somerset England. On motorways about 24mpg but more on cruise on long runs without having to accelerate and slow down all the time. say 26mpg. In town a lot less but no figures.

I'm about to buy a 1995, thanks for the info. I'm curious as to what your average motorway/highway speeds were at this mpg? Thanks! - Bryan

bbaskett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #8
rem
Gold Member

I'm in Fl. Now I live up North east, On the way down avg. 18 1/2 mpg reg gas.

rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:36 AM   #9
rem
Gold Member

Heading towards Pa. today. On the ride up again avg. 18 1/2 mpg I did get 20 mpg once & as bad as 15 with wind & hills. But all in all the overall being around 18 1/2. We are very, very happy with this.

Rem

rem is offline   Reply With Quote