Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2012, 03:43 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Holiday 2012 travels

Hello all, just wanted to wish everyone the best for the coming year. Just got back from a 900 mile trip to CA and back to AZ. My '99 Rialta HD behaved perfectly and got its great gas mileage. When at idle I can't even tell it is running. I went from AZ to Los Angeles to see friends. Part of the trip was self-contained and all systems were great. Furnace worked great as it was very cold and damp. It rained for two days in San Pedro. A friend and I used the shower each day and I dried it as well as the curtains each day. This is why the rig looks new still! The rest of the trip was to San Diego where I was hooked up at the most wonderful rv campground I have ever seen!!! (Oak Creek RV Resort) east of San Diego towards the mountains I will stay there from now on when I visit. I had never been with full hookups before. All of my travels were always on time constraints and I stayed at friend's or relatives houses self-contained. For its size it is amazing. After a few days living in it, it didn't seem so small afterall. Once you are used to the shower it is second nature. It did encourage me to lose a few pounds....lol. I have about 44,000 miles on mine and its new year gift is 4 brand new shocks, an alignment, and an oil change...and perhaps a new cabin filter.

Hope to hear more from everyone!

Paul

CGAZ Paul is offline   Reply With Quote