Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2010, 02:14 PM   #1

Default Info for prospective Rialta owners

We currently have a 19' Falcon camper van and are interested in upgrading to a Rialta. Here are some of the questions we have:

We live in Washington state and alot of our travel involves hills and mountain passes. Do the various engines have adequate power and how do they compare to one another; the 2.5 ltr 5 cyl, and the 2.8 6 cyl (140 hp & 210 hp)? Any over heating problems?

What are some of the routine maintenance issues with the Rialta (Oil changes etc.)?

Are there any chronic or common mechanical problems with the engine and drive train?

How do you current owners feel about your Rialta in general?

Any other comments, good and bad, will help us in making our decision to buy a Rialta, and will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all:

Lenny & Sylvia

lkoplen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 02:28 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Info for prospective Rialta owners

This post comes late but here goes... I have the 1999 HD which is the 2.8L 6 (140 hp). I have no overheating problems and drive regularly in 108 deg F of the Arizona desert. My gauge never goes beyond 190 degrees, no matter the hills or heat. I only take the rig to a Volkswagen dealer but not all dealers have lifts strong enough. Out here in Arizona there is only one and it is in Scottdale, AZ. Oil changes are similar to most vehicles. My 1999 climbs the hills adequately but it is best to have some patience and not try to force keeping the speed limit. I downshift carefully and it seems to climb just fine. I have not tried the 201 hp version on the mountains so I can't say what the difference is. I have no complaints and was actually surprised how well it does climb. The biggest surprise is how nimble and fast it is in everyday traffic. I have 34,000 miles on mine so far.

CGAZ Paul is offline   Reply With Quote