Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #1

Default Leaky rear driver side window

I've been battling a water drip under the window for a few months now. I've recaulked it which didn't help. During another rainstorm I covered the window with a plastic garbage back, sealing it completely off (or so I think) with duct tape. I still get a water drip inside.
I'm wondering if there may be a leak on the roof somewhere that is releaving itself on the inside of the window. I've checked the roof but can not locate anything that appears to be the culprit.

Considering having a shop completely remove and reseal the window to make certain there are no exterior leaks but not certain if this would be a waste of time and money.

shacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #2
Platinum Member

You could have leaks from several places; 1) the skylight may be leaking (remove inter piece and check for cracks, seal with MEK airplane glue); 2) Roof seams leaking thru caulk (remove old caulk and reseal using eternalbond tape; reseal all seams, especially around front door areas with self leveling caulk); 4) Your window may have settled as the blocks under the window may have been left out when assembled (remove window and use plastic blocks to position window correctly and reseal).

mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:35 PM   #3

I know it's been a while but I had the same problem. It turns out the the glass in the window can settle and cause a leak. Caulking does not help ( I know this from personal experience). The window has to be removed and new bracing put in. I had two RV shops caulk and then recaulk and then I took it to Camping Connection in Surfside Beach SC and the problem is now fixed. They removed the window. Prior to that I had all the seams on the roof caulked and a new skylight put in at the recommendation of one of the shops. It still leaked until I had the window removed and fixed

Jackieb is offline   Reply With Quote