Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2012, 01:03 PM   #1

Default Nokian WR-C Van Tires from TiresByWeb.com

Hey Everyone,

I figured i would start this thread to aid anyone else that finds themselves in a similar situation that i was in a couple months ago when i was looking for suggestions for new tires for my 2005 Winnebago Rialta.

About four months ago i desperately needed new tires before a cross country camping trip. I noticed some Dry-Rot in my old tires...so they definitely needed to be replaced before a long journey. I searched for days for replacements for the Continental VanCo's but it seems that they have discontinued production on those tires.
I noticed a few people saying that Nokian made a nice tire called the WR-C Van tire. I hadn't ever heard of Nokian before so i gave TiresByWeb.com (online retailer of Nokian Tires) a call. They turned out to be very familiar with the Rialta and its tire sizes/load index requirements. All in all they were very helpful, and best of all they had the tires in stock in the 195/215 sizes. They assured me that i could do the 215's all the way around which would make it easier for me to rotate the tires - thus increasing the tread life. I was a little nervous to veer from the manufacturer specs...but they said they had fitted thousands of Rialtas with the 215's in the front and rear and hadn't heard any negative feedback...so i decided to give it a try. Luckily it was very fast shipping (about 3 days) so i was able to get them installed before my trip.
It's been about three months since i've had the tires installed and i am very pleased. I haven't noticed any rubbing issues at all in the front. The noise level of the Nokians are very similar to the Vanco's, but the handling is much more responsive.
All in all, i would definitely recommend going with the Nokians.

RialtaOwner09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:39 AM   #2

Default Nokian WR-C Van Tires from TiresByWeb.com

What are the dates on your WRC tires? I have been waiting since May for Nokian Hakka C Van tires to reach the states because I wanted summer tires, but may have to get the WRC all season. My 2003 Rialta still has the original tires on it and although they still look good, I am scared to take a long trip.

SpiritJudy is offline   Reply With Quote