Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #1

Default NORCOLD is Nor HOT

I had a flat on the right rear of my 2004 QD on the first night of an 8 day trip and didn't think anything of the refrigerator when I jacked up the coach. It was on battery power at the time and had been working fine. The next morning I discovered that it was dead. Fuse was fine (even replaced anyway) and tried switching from battery to gas but no response. Does anyone know why it quit working? It's been 3 weeks now and I was wondering if maybe the thing had an inline fuse somewhere that isn't shown on the diagram.

Thank you

RSCDOUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #2

First, I have to explain that I'm new to Rialta: We bought it, but immediately took it to our mechanic to have the tranmission and brakes fixed, and haven't got it back yet. The other thing is mine is a 98, yours is 04, so it might be a different refrigerator.

But I have been reading the manual: "To prevent damage to the refrigerator cooling unit, turn the refrigerator off if the vehicle will be parked on an incline of over 3 degrees side-to-side or 6 degrees front-to-rear (such as steep driveways or parking lots, etc.) for more than one hour."

I presume jacking would exceed these limits. Did you turn the unit off?

BobH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #3
rem
Gold Member

It's very, very important that the unit is close to level to work.

rem is offline   Reply With Quote