Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2013, 07:19 PM   #1

Default Rain leaks in

Hi, I bought a rialta QD last summer and since then water from rain and snow has leaked in and accumulated in the areas below the two extra captain chairs and the space in between, and also in the two little storage spots in front of those seats. Last January while in florida I smeared a special sealant on the roof where the cab meets the camper but had no time to do the area along the sides. Still I thought that sealant would make a difference but now after some strong rain the water is in again. I fear that there might be other areas that I don't know about that allow water in like this. Unfortunately the panels inside won't allow me to detect any water marks. There is no water in the system after we winterized it so it must come from outside. Does anyone know where I should look? I'd thank you so much for any help! Margarita

Magvitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #2

Default Rain leaks in

We have a 2000 HD that sounds about the same. We even have some rain water dripping from one of the lights behind the passenger seat. We tried some special caulk around the skylight and a few other places with no luck. Today, I order a quart of special sealer from Camping world. It has Several 5 Star reviews and can be applied on any surface. I expect to receive it in about a week and then I will seal Everything. It dries clear and can be painted. I will let you know how it works in about 10 days from 5-3-13. I can't remember the name of it but Camping World has in Quart cans. Let me know what sealer you tried, please. Thanks, Ken S.

gbfanken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:48 PM   #3

Default Rain leaks in

Hi, I bought a rialta QD last summer and since then water from rain and snow has leaked in and accumulated in the areas below the two extra captain chairs and the space in between, and also in the two little storage spots in front of those seats. Last January while in florida I smeared a special sealant on the roof where the cab meets the camper but had no time to do the area along the sides. Still I thought that sealant would make a difference but now after some strong rain the water is in again. I fear that there might be other areas that I don't know about that allow water in like this. Unfortunately the panels inside won't allow me to detect any water marks. There is no water in the system after we winterized it so it must come from outside. Does anyone know where I should look? I'd thank you so much for any help! Margarita

mpohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:01 PM   #4

Default Rain leaks in

We used ProFlex RV Sealer (brussable) from Camping World and "painted" around every item on the roof. All vents, air conditioner, skylight, dish, antenna mounts and ALL previous holes. We also painted where the cabin front meets the coach. We had light rain, pouring rain and thunderstorms. NO more leaks ANYWHERE. Let me know if this helps you. gbfankenbuy@charter.net Ken S

gbfanken is offline   Reply With Quote