Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2015, 05:03 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Red flashing light

new owner of a 1995 Rialta ad ( bought it last July) ...

there is a red flashing light next to the thermometer icon that is flashing ( started when I picked the unit up from indoor storage for the winter) . Temperature gauge is not overheating ( lowest 25% of gauge) and it drives well.

did not seem overheated when I popped the hood when I got home. Any ideas why this light is flashing ?

also , I need a new radio/stereo for the vw cab . Any suggestions as to what to install keeping cost in mind ?

abaniki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:32 AM   #2
Silver Member

Default Red flashing light

The flashing light probably means that your coolant level is a little low. That's its secondary function. The level sensor can go bad, but it's not a common thing. The entire reservoir has to be replaced if it's bad.

I installed a Pioneer DEH-X3600UI from Walmart (about $80 at the time). You'll need to redo the adapter cable or buy a new one, but otherwise t works great. You should be able to use any single DIN radio, but all will need an adapter cable.

Duane

TXPigeon is offline   Reply With Quote