Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2015, 06:36 PM   #1

Default Shower drain, won't drain

Does anyone know how I would clear whatever may be clogging this drain? There is a clear plastic see through glass on the pump under the closet floor. Does anyone know if this comes apart and if so how?

I can hear the pump and tried sucking out all water and then adding clean water but still no draing.

jmbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 06:50 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Easy one !

your strainer filter is clogged !

At the entry of the pump you have a little clear plastic adapter ...it splits in two : there is a screened strainer in there....clean it , Et voila !

to open it , turn counter clockwise 1/4 turn

If you are having a hard time , remove the whole plastic adapter from the pump ...it might be easier when you look at it this way ......Screw it back in place when done !

Dan

peson

Old 09-11-2015, 08:41 PM   #3

Dan,

I have a HD model and took outt the closet floor to get to the pump. I see the clear plastic part wih the strainer in it but cannot get it apart. Does it split in half? When you say remove the whole plastic adapter what exactly is that. Sorry its a bit tightin their and Im not small guy.

Old 09-11-2015, 09:32 PM   #4

I got it off, there was some crap in the strainer but not enough to clog it. Not sure why Im not getting any suction, hoping the diaphram does not have dry rot. Any other suggestions?

Old 09-11-2015, 10:21 PM   #5
Platinum Member

If that does work, remove the cover under the vehicle and check lines. depending on the age of the vehicle the cover can be hard to remove, rust and such.

289cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 01:08 PM   #6
Platinum Member

like 289 cobra mentions

you might have to get under the Rialta and remove the little box that covers the P trap looking tube

that might be the problem

expect to almost destroy the box ......

the plastic part in the shower can be taken out too ...jsut unscrew it , when you get access under

at worst, those pumps rebuild kit are not expensive

Dan

Old 09-12-2015, 04:20 PM   #7
Platinum Member

It sounds like you have lost your suction prime for draining your shower area. Use this method to prime your pump to suck water out. First, remove the stariner on the shower drain, then place a water hose into the drain opening and have someone turn on the water while you turn on the drain pump. The water pressure from the hose should force water into the pump and prime it. If the shower pump is not used a lot, it can loose its prime and needs to be reprimed. If you pump will not hold its prime, then purchase a rebuild kit (cheaper than new pump) and replace the diaphram.

Remember when you winterize to pour RV antifreeze into this drain and pump it to replace the water. Also pour this same RV antifreeze into the bath sink and drain this out to fill the pee trap behind the wall. Same with the kitchen sink pee trap.

Mike Logan

04' HD

Smyrna, TN

mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 07:26 PM   #8

Or.....

Use a shop vac or other wet vac and suck out the drain from the shower end. Saved me a lot of looking!

CamperDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 04:42 PM   #9

I have a Rialta ... Hoping you might help me ...

1- My shower drain is also clogged ... Any suggestions?

2- I can't figure out how to remove the cap in the floor drain ... Any suggestions?

Will S
828 243 1091
Asheville, NC
willspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 07:05 PM   #10

I could not turn mine by hand and it's too tight for slip pliers... I used a very small oil filter wrench and entually turned it enough to get it off without breaking the many tabs. very slow going, only a 1/8" turn at a time but got it. Wasn't clogged - but cleaned it anyway and still have an issue in the pipe somewhere.
IowaReino is offline   Reply With Quote