Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2011, 05:01 PM   #1

Default Skylight shade

Has anyone used a shade, over the skyligh, to stop sunlight from coming into the RV too soon in the morning. Something that can be removed during the day time and replaced at night, before going to bed? Write me on what you used and how you fastened it under the skylight. riordan36@gmail.com

Don1936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:34 PM   #2

Default Skylight shade

I see your post was last year, what did you do to shade the skylight for cover. We are wondering what to do as well.

allanwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:19 PM   #3
Pip

Default Skylight shade

allanwen said:

I see your post was last year, what did you do to shade the skylight for cover. We are wondering what to do as well.

Here's a good solution. I purchased some black out shade material at a fabric store. Mine was white and made of a synthetic thin pvc type fabric that can easily be cut with scissors and no heming needed. I think they use this as backing on draperies. This was cut to shape and fastened by removing the screws holding the inside skylight to the ceiling and replacing those with screw in snap fasteners. The snap fasteners I bought came six sets in a kit that included the fastener tool. Just punch a small hole in the fabric where the fastener matches the same location as the one you screwed into the ceiling. I added a piece of seam tape to reinforce the area around the fabic snap. I used 12 snaps for the corners and front and back sides. The whole project cost about $12 bucks and works great. Best part was I found you could unsnap the rear side and roll the cover toward the front and it stays in place with the remaining snaps. Keeps the heat and light out in summer.

Pip is offline   Reply With Quote