Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2014, 12:52 PM   #1

Default TCM needed for 1997 Rialta

I may have a bad TCM. Does anyone have one for sale or know a source.

The part number is 01P 927 733 AD

Thanks, Mike in Gulfport, MS

MSGTMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 12:01 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Rialta TCM's are not made anymore but here is a TN company that may can repair yours. Here is a reply from them to me about TCM's. http://www.autoecu.com/
I own a 2004 Winnebago Rialta with the VW 24valve V6 engine. If my TCM goes out, can you rebuild it? New TCM's are not made anymore and there is a large group of Rialta owners that may need this service if their TCM's go out. The TCM was programed for different shift points because of the larger weight of the R vs. the Eurovan. Also the early 96-2001 TCM's have a different part # than the later models and can these be rebuilt? System Technical Department 2. Hello, We can test the unit. Our test fee is $55. If we locate issue with the unit, then we will contact you with a rebuild cost on it prior to repairing it, so that you can either agree to the cost or decide not to. Please send in to us and allow 2 business days to test. Please send to us along with our R&R Form, copy and paste the following in your web broswer, and print off and fill out. Include it with the part when sending it in. Thank you
mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 12:05 PM   #3
Platinum Member

It has been stated from another company that other VW TCM's can be used but the shift points are not the same as the Rialta, the weight made for higher shift points.

mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:50 PM   #4
Silver Member

mloganusda said:

Rialta TCM's are not made anymore but here is a TN company that may can repair yours. Here is a reply from them to me about TCM's. http://www.autoecu.com/

I've exchanged emails with a couple of people that have tried to use those folks. Both paid the $55 and were immediately told their unit was beyond repair and no new ones were available. It didn't sound to me like they do much repair, just "testing".

Duane

TXPigeon is offline   Reply With Quote