Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2017, 03:37 AM   #1

Question Transporting a Rialta Cross Country

Hello all! My hubby and I are the proud new owners of a 2002 Rialta HD, our first order of business is to figure out whether to transport this new to us rv home or try to drive it home (cross country). Any input on RV Transporters or suggestions of reputable carriers-stories you'd like to share? We'd rather get it shipped home to our mechanic than attempt to drive it over 3000 miles in ?? condition, it has apparently been sitting for almost a year...
Thanks for sharing! We look forward to learning from you!
Happy Travels!
oldrvnewrvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 12:13 PM   #2
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldrvnewrvers View Post
Hello all! My hubby and I are the proud new owners of a 2002 Rialta HD, our first order of business is to figure out whether to transport this new to us rv home or try to drive it home (cross country). Any input on RV Transporters or suggestions of reputable carriers-stories you'd like to share? We'd rather get it shipped home to our mechanic than attempt to drive it over 3000 miles in ?? condition, it has apparently been sitting for almost a year...
Thanks for sharing! We look forward to learning from you!
Happy Travels!

Your best bet is to flatbed it.

If you try to drive it home, and the RV breaks down on the road, the incidental cost will be more than the flatbed fee.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:04 PM   #3
Platinum Member

That really depends on the condition of the vehicle. I just drove a newly acquired 2000 Xplorer from Michigan to South Carolina, then out to California.

Most likely to fail is your belts and hoses. If they are in good shape, new tires and battery, then you'll probably be OK.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 03:09 AM   #4
Platinum Member

It would be best and the least stress to have it flat bed towed professionally. This way you can assure everything is in order and learn the unit as you go. It would probably be fine to drive it but safety and peace of mind comes first. You will love the way this thing drives. I was blown away at the comfort and quiet.
CGAZ Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:28 AM   #5

Hello!!
First of all, congratulations for your new 2002 Rialta HD.

Any input on RV Transporters or suggestions of reputable carriers-stories you'd like to share?

Well, last few months before when I had bought my new RV, on suggestion of my friend I had hired an experienced auto shipping California company which was We Will Transport It who had served me with professional transporters, who had shipped my RV at home safely. Well, as you said that your home is cross the country, so I would suggest you to hire an RV transport company like We Will Transport It, UShip, etc.. and more, you can search on the internet.

We'd rather get it shipped home to our mechanic than attempt to drive it over 3000 miles in??
Well, if you are hiring an auto transporters then you don't need to consult your mechanic because shipping RV to 3000 miles is really a daunting task to do, so best in consult transporters.

Good luck!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rv-shipping1.jpg (106.4 KB, 1 views)
GloriaCessna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:21 PM   #6
Gold Member

Congratulations on your purchase, just adding it may not be only the mechanical situations that may arise but also how confident and knowledgeable you are on the RV equipment itself, we have had our "new to us" RV a couple of months and are still reading the instructions on some of the equipment and operating procedures involved, just a thought.
Best of luck.

Tags
getting road ready, rialta hd, rv transport