Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #1

Default Water Leak into Shower Pan

We have a 1997 Rialta with no visible leaks in the interior. However, when it rains, we end up with water in the shower pan that must be pumped out. Our local RV place have tried multiple things to figure it out with no luck. Wondering if anyone else has had a similar situation they were able to resolve.

vtonmymind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #2
rem
Gold Member

I just got done resealing my skylight, I also had water in the pan. Remove all old seal material from vents & skylight areas. Sand & clean very good, reseal & you should have no more problems We just had major heavy rain here on Long Island & it's nice & dry.

Rem

rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #3
Pip

vtonmymind said:We have a 1997 Rialta with no visible leaks in the interior. However, when it rains, we end up with water in the shower pan that must be pumped out. Our local RV place have tried multiple things to figure it out with no luck. Wondering if anyone else has had a similar situation they were able to resolve.

Don't forget the vent pipe. The roof seal may be ok but sometimes water will get in between the vent pipe and the vent cap. Take the cap off the vent on the roof and put a bead of sealant where the pvc pipe comes through the roof and into the vent fitting. My vent pipe leaked while driving in hard rains and ran down the outside of the pipe. Try that first. Ialso noted that they never used putty tape on the power fan opening during installation. Remove the exhaust vent from the roof....clean off all the old sealant. Place a strip of putty tape aound the perimeter of the vent and replace the fan/vent using new stainless screws. Tighten the screws until the putty squeezes out a bit and then trip away excess putty with a utility knife. The RV guys never seem to take anything apart and do it right'....just add globs of sealant and hope it works! Makes a sloppy job and a pain to remove it when repairs are needed.

Pip is offline   Reply With Quote