Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2007, 02:03 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Coleman Stove

When camping, I probably use my Coleman stove every day even if it is only to boil water.

Download Manual Right click, save as works best...........
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 02:19 AM   #2
Platinum Member

I bought one of these Coleman High Stands. It can be used with Coleman gas or propane 2 or 3 burner stoves or a chest cooler.

I have two of these Coleman extension hoses:

and this propane splitter:

I'd like to stop using the 1lb disposable propane bottles. With the hoses and splitter I hope to be able to run my table top BBQ and the Coleman stove at the same time using my RV's propane tank.

I bought the splitter from Propane Products. Looks like they are out of stock right now.

Paulin E-Z 'Add On' Adapter (4192)

Connects 2 Appliances which use disposable cylinders to distribution post, 'two-in-one' DC adapter, or 'combo' adapter.
Each DC-M Has an automatic shut-off.
Thread Size: DC-F x DC-M x DC-M

Paulin E-Z 'Add On' Adapter (4192)
Old 01-06-2007, 02:25 AM   #3
Platinum Member

I saw this Coleman Oven on clearance for $10 or $15 and bought it. I haven't used it. I think it might use up a lot of propane.

We use this grill / griddle often:

It fits nicely on my table top BBQ.

Old 01-22-2007, 01:16 AM   #4
Silver Member

Quote:
I hope to be able to run my table top BBQ and the Coleman stove at the same time using my RV's propane tank.
These table-top stoves and barbeques use a 2-3lb propane burner. I have had no luck running them off my 11" main trailer system. You'll have to hook them up before the main regulator.

I have a 2 burner low pressure stove in my HardTop. Need to find a spare one, a sheet metal or wood box (it already has a lid) and use it outside. They do make a stainless one that hooks on the side of my trailer, but it runs about $300.

Saw a small low pressure barbeque at the camp ground this year. They run about $99 and are have maybe 50 to a 100% more cooking area. It has 4 removable legs so it packs up small, maybe not small enough for under seat. The legs are too short for normal cooking, but I was thinking I could hack them down for a table-top model.
paulm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 12:55 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Here are a couple of photos of all my propane hoses and fittings.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:20 PM   #6

Years ago, when we camped with young grandchildren, they were amazed to have fresh baked cookies from the Coleman oven. Didn't matter how much propane it used!!
Old 05-19-2008, 11:13 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to julievojo

We use the coleman stove quite often too. If the weather is nice we prefer to cook outside and keep the food smells out of the van.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:53 PM   #8
Platinum Member

This is the Coleman grill we have.

We opted for the dual purpose burner on one side for pots and pans and grill on the other side. We previously had a simple two burner Coleman grill.

We'll see how it goes. We recently added a Dutch oven to our arsenal and have hotdog skewers. So far any grilling we've done has been over a fire in a campfire ring. We're going to get a couple of pie irons. We do almost all our cooking outdoors.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 12:22 PM   #9
Silver Member

I bought a small 2 burner Coleman at BassPro shops for $29.95. It fit my budget at the time, and I thought it might also fit my needs well. I've used it several times now and can tell you I think it's great! It doesn't have the built in windscreen, so might be a problem if I used it outside on windy days, but the couple of times I've used it outside so far I've had no issues. Its best feature is that it is very llight, and fits perfectly on the little counter top space I have beside my sink. I leave it there, on a piece of non-skid, and it has moved exactly once in about 1,000 miles of commuting. That once was not good... it came off th counter in a more or less panic stop and hit the floor. No visible damage though. I think I'll put a strip across the end of the counter to keep that from happening again.... now, before I start my trip today!
kenking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:31 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan

I'm thinking of getting at least a small Weber BBQ that I could do 2 steaks or 4 burgers etc. on at the back of the RT. I went to my local "RV experts" the other day and they couldn't figure out what kind of single hose would connect the quick connect female on my RT propane tank inside the rear bumper, to a regulator like the one on the little black table top BBQ in your picture. The regulator on it looks pretty standard, or so I thought.
They tried and failed. Do these little portable BBQs need a special adapter to allow them to work off your RV propane? I would have thought (probably in error) that the small (5 lb.?) propane bottles that they're supposed to use would have the same size threaded spout/fitting as the single hose in your first set of pics. I'm probably wrong, although I read some reviews on the Weber Q 100 (which is the one I'm thinking of getting) and some of them mention an adapter of some sort. So maybe it's not that simple, after all?

Any help will be gratefully accepted, including any recommendations of other makes and models of BBQs and hose combinations which I can easily acquire myself. I don't have to get Weber, if it's going to be a hassle to set up.
Thanks,
Mike.