Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2018, 09:47 PM   #21
Platinum Member

The extension requires is 6-8 inches and places the box about 3 inches behind the tire. There is sufficient room to reach in to release the latch and safety screw.
JohnnyFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 01:36 PM   #22
Gold Member

You can order direct from factory or from Amazon, free shipping. I got mine in 4 days from the factory.
Thevon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 01:41 PM   #23
Gold Member

I use a Stowaway Max 2 on my Roadtrek with the continental spare tire carrier. You do have to use an extension (7 or 10 inch, can’t remember). I ordered it with the Stowaway. If you go to Stowaway web site, the have the picture you’re looking for. They will also tell you which one you need. The extension is solid and no wobble or rattling driving down the road.
Thevon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 10:37 PM   #24
Silver Member

Default Stowaway

Wrote two years ago that we had installed a A Stowaway 2 on our 2002 Roadtrek. We have taken this across 1000 km if gravel in Quebec and Labrador. We have since taken two trips to Yucatan of four months each. We have thoroughly enjoyed the convenience. Snorkeling gear, large air mattress for 12’ tent, etc go in the Stowaway and only everyday things are in main cabin.

The space under bed is where 4.5 kW-hrs of LFP, 2.5 kW PSWI, battery chargers and the rest of solar- battery system go

Reed and Elaine
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote