Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2019, 07:03 PM   #1

Default Looking for replacement fridge vents for 1988 Ford

Looking for some replacement vents for my 1988 Ford Class B camper. Any links to a website would be fantastic thanks in advance.
cramerrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 11:01 PM   #2
Platinum Member

There are a lot of different sizes. Measurements of the hole would be good. Top or side?

Perhaps do a google search for rv fridge vents and then go to images and see what you find.
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 07:31 PM   #3

They are the side vents and they measure
20 inch x 12inch

Old 01-30-2019, 09:24 PM   #4
Platinum Member

One possibility if your can't find an exact fit is to have a plexi-glass cutout made to fit the opening. Then, if you could find a close (but slightly smaller) vent, you could trim out the center of the plexi-glass to provide adequate air flow for the new vents. The plexi-glass can be painted white or your desired color.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:40 PM   #5
Bronze Member

Cramerrr,

The refrigerator Vent Covers are readily available on Amazon. Prices range from $32 - $39. They come with the Frame and the Vent Door cover. If your frame is in good shape then you only need to use the vent door. T

There are two brands - Dometic and Norcold. And they are both the same overall size of 21 1/2" x 13 3/4" - which INCLUDES the frame in that measurement. So the Vent Door itself would be 20" x 12" - (Just what you need).

If you have a Dometic frig in your Class B, then most likely the Vent Covers are Dometic. Or if a Norcold frig, then your covers are Norcolds. Just search "RV REFRIGERATOR VENT COVER" on Amazon and then check through the various choices. There is a smaller size vent cover, so make sure you choose the larger one that is the size you need.

Amazon has a lot of replacement parts for older RV's. I've bought the refrigerator vent covers and roof-top A/C plastic shroud covers from Amazon - as well as tons of other stuff for my older Class B and B+ RV's.

David

PS I tried to post photos but I don't know what the URL is or where to find it for the photos. Usually you can just double-click to download a photo

Now: 1998 Coachmen Starflyte FRB 21' Class B+
Formerly: 1996 Coachmen M19-RD GMC 19' Class B
TatraDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 06:20 PM   #6

I purchased some domestic replacements back In November and they did not fit the cut out even when I removed the frame. They are a few inches too big and they are more a rectangle shape vs having rounded corners.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:00 PM   #7
Bronze Member

Check out the photos of the NORCOLD vent covers on Amazon. They look to have rounder corners that the Dometic. Maybe they are better. Is the frig in your RV a Norcold?

Now: 1998 Coachmen Starflyte FRB 21' Class B+
Formerly: 1996 Coachmen M19-RD GMC 19' Class B
TatraDog is offline   Reply With Quote