Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2014, 11:55 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default More cool accessories for my van

I got a bunch of new stuff in to outfit my new van. Most of these items I got on Amazon.

I finally got a sewer hose that will fit in the Travato's hose storage tube. Presto-fit 5 foot. It will fit with the head connector on, but the foot has to be stored some place:

Collapsable silicone bucket:

Coffee steeper - this came highly recommended on a blog I read:

Weather station. Velcroed to the cabinet. The outside sensor is velcroed to the bottom of the entry step - when traveling and the step is retracted, it's pulled into a housing which will keep the sensor from getting wet or dirty.

Hanging waste basket for under sink. Hangs on the plywood back of this cabinet and gives more space for other items.
Level bubble for fridge:

Toothbrush holder:

Curt double receiver adapter. Bought this thinking I could use my platform and bike rack at the same time. Don't think I'll use this thing - you have to use it in the lower orientation, otherwise, flipped higher, you can't open the rear doors.

Camp oven - occasionally I like biscuits. No way to make them in the van. Lots of sharp edges, so if you get one, be careful!

Griddle - can use on the stove inside, or grill outside:

A toaster! No need to carry the electric and run the generator:

Refrigerator circulation fan:

Folding, heavy gauge grill tools that every man needs:

Fits perfect!

Love this Magna cookware - clad, induction compatible, ceramic lined non-stick, 18/10 stainless steel. Great heavy handles with locks. Should last a lifetime and perfectly nests:

Sensor system for refrigerator. Attaches with magnets, so you can move the display unit where you like. Sensors hang in refer and in freezer.

Hope that is enough for you!
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:17 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: More cool accessories for my van

I gotta camp next to you... hey neighbor, can I borrow a ........
It's like a mini Camping World.

It's awesome that you can fit a lot of things in your van. You should load it up and head to a weigh scale just to see how you're doing weight wise.

I agree re: that cargo rack. Looks like you could scrape it when entering or exiting some gas stations for example.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:06 AM   #3
Platinum Member

We also have the Magma cookware, and their smallest gas grill, all very nice stuff. Coleman Fold-n-Go stove also very small.

Lots of the collapsible stuff, too. Two big salad bowls, a set of smaller bowls with covers, traffic cone for marking site occupied, two 2.5 gallon buckets, two 2.5 gallon fresh water jugs. All collapsed, they probably don't use 20% of the space non collapsing would take. Also tend to use paper plates a lot and empty pop or water bottles instead of glasses.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:57 PM   #4
Platinum Member

That dual hitch rack looks like it is almost 6 foot in depth. That's way too much for me. Actually any hitch rack is to my dislike as they destroy the advantage of having a B in the first place to a major extent. I have a Let'sGoAero 20 with landing gear I'd sell if anyone is interested. They only time I might use it is for short trips up north in Minnesota to haul our two inflatable kayaks. They fit under our bed but after use can get a little bit lake smelly.

You can get indoor/outdoor wireless thermometers at an outlet in La Crosse, WI for under $10 at La Crosse Technology. They work well but one thing I discovered is if you leave them in the van over a winter the remote outdoor thermometer read dies but the indoor still works. We're talking Minnesota here. I have discovered that if you bring the assembly indoors it can sometimes recover (not always) and be used again in spring, summer, fall conditions.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:37 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Yeah, not only is it too low to the ground, it's a bit long. Seemed like a good idea at the time. I may have a use for it on my pickup - that hitch is almost 24" off the ground. My thinking was that on some trips, I might want to carry some firewood as well as my bike. I think I'll just carry everything in a utility trailer on those outings - I have a nice one with high sides. Here is a link: http://www.amazon.com/Lifetime-Delux...e+tent+trailer it also has a tent. I bought it for trips with my nephews - they can sleep in the tent.

Good tip on the thermo sensors. I park inside a building, so hopefully I don't have any problems.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:32 PM   #6
Platinum Member

A bit late on this post, catching up on things and wincrasher's bike rack caught my eye. I've been looking all over for one like that. Not the dual with the cargo , but the single bike rack only. Where did you find that? It looks adjustable and that's what I need. Don't mind spend a couple of bucks for a quality piece, but can't see paying $400-500 to carry a $100 bike. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 01-04-2015, 07:35 PM   #7
Platinum Member

It's pretty safe to assume that anything I post about I got on Amazon.

It's a swagman rack, and I thought the price was reasonable.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 01-04-2015, 07:40 PM   #8
Bronze Member

This swagman bike rack looks quite practical. I like that it's adjustable, and compact.
rclemins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 09:25 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Thanks for the quick reply, appreciated, but not needed. Guess you bought the double bike holder and removed one unneeded set. Or do they make a single holder? Can't be that much of a cost difference, and heavens knows what the extra parts will be used for in the future. Maybe a BBQ utensil holder for around the campfire. Also thanks for the other great tips.
Old 06-27-2021, 09:20 PM   #10
Bronze Member

Thumbs up More cool accessories

score, all the comforts of home! Enjoy
Santee2005PWTD is offline   Reply With Quote