Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2018, 03:17 PM   #21

Try REI. Campers and backpackers use them frequently
Rico52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 12:27 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennie View Post
I'm curious to hear what you think about the Turkish towel. I'm sure it will cover all your feminine bits you want covered. They get softer the more you wash them.
I've received it and washed it to soften it up, and I like the looks of it. Heck, for $13, I can't go wrong. Anyway, I haven't had a chance to use it yet in the field, but I will be taking it. I'll probably get another for my husband even before I try it out.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 04:55 PM   #23

Personally, I use a cotton hand towel to quickly get some of the water off, then use a micronet towel for the rest of the water and my hair. I find the hand towel dries quickly as does the micronet towel. Micronet towels are available on Amazon and come in different sizes.
CareyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 05:31 PM   #24

Turkish Towels are THE BEST by far! They are very lightweight, soft, absorbent and dry quickly even in humid environments. I’ve taken them backpacking if I knew I’d be swimming because they’re thin and pack down to almost nothing and I use them whenever I go to St John in the USVI. I just got back from eight days in StJ and used one Turkish bath towel the whole time. The villa owners all provide them for guests’ use because they’re so nice and dry quickly. I have bamboo towels for home use and I like them because they never mildew but they’re heavier and plusher than the Turkish towels and don’t dry nearly as fast.
Shoalbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 11:41 PM   #25
Platinum Member

+1. I'm never going back to those horrible microfiber towels.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 01:42 PM   #26
Platinum Member

OK, I give. I bought two Turkish towels—not the full size, but the hand towel size. Washed once, we used them last night. I found it totally satisfactory. MrNomer missed the terry. Whereas even my thin terry took overnight to dry, these dried in about an hour. I’m sold.

I also ran a test in the kitchen. I wet a Corelle dish. One half I wiped with a terry dishcloth—it left a film of water. The other half I wiped with the Turkish towel—it was dry.

Build Site: msnomersvan.wordpress.com
Travel Site: woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote