Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2017, 12:18 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Suggestions for a class B cover for 2003 Roadtrek 190 with the Continental fold down

Good day to all... reference the above was looking for decent quality RV cover to protect against the Suns UV rays in the summer and Wet rainy weather yet breathable that happens on Vancouver island in the winter. Looking for a cover that will totally enclose my roadtrek 190 ( including the fact of the spare tire kit on the rear). Looking for a name of a company ( preferable one I can purchase in Canada) that is decently priced
Thanks so much for your replies... Dan
Buggybumpers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:17 PM   #2
Platinum Member

The same question has come up before on Air Forums... generally there is no cover that I've seen anyone recommend for any Class B. Reportedly, portions of them flap around in the wind and scratch the paint over time, doing more damage than just leaving the rig exposed.

I'm a fan of paying for an off-site fully-enclosed storage facility, but I realize that isn't for everyone. In my area, we got one for $135 per month with electricity included, and we were willing to pay that because it's a small price relative to our total investment.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:20 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I have a 2001 Roadtrek 190 Popular with the continental spare tire kit. Total length is just under 20'.

I ordered a Classic Industries cover (up to 20') from Amazon and am very pleased with the unit and its performance during this New England winter.

Here is the link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This cover is well designed. It has 4 straps that go under the RV from side to side. A small bag, which you can fill with a stone, is included so you can throw the strap under the RV so it makes it to the other side. There is 1 strap in the front and 2 straps in the back that go across the van. Once cinched down, wind flap is minimal. There are zippered panels with long pull cords to gain access to the side door, rear door and side doors. Once the zipper is open, the panel can be rolled and there is velcro strap to hold it open. There are also plastic rings high on the sides to attach guy lines if you want. I also like the fact that the top is white to reflect the heat.

Someone was thinking when they designed this cover. It is lightweight so it can be handled by one person. I use a 5' pole, (1" PVC pipe) to hold up the top and lift it to clear the roof obstacles. With practice, it can be done with one person.

I like the fact that it can be unzipped to get into the RV without removing the cover. The fabric is also treatable, (details on the Amazon site). For the money, it is well worth it.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:29 PM   #4
Bronze Member

Thanks Joe very much for the quick reply... yes this looks like a what I am looking for....Can you confirm it is breathable meaning no excessive collection of moisture during the seasonal transitions of both temperature and humidity. Regardless thanks to you both for replying.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:33 PM   #5
Bronze Member

You know what the kicker is. I typed in the same model number for the cover for amazon.ca and the price is 729. Dollars vice 174.99.... even with the exchange rate it would still be cheaper to pay the duty to cross the border... Brutal
https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_no...3-141001-00%29
Old 03-20-2017, 02:47 PM   #6
Platinum Member

The Amazon site, (US), and Classic Industries site has details about the breathability of the fabric. There are several horizontal vents along the top of the sides that will allow airflow. The cover its tight with straps adjusted, but there is still some movement of the fabric, so I don't think the fabric will stay totally tight up against the body to cause condensation or water build-up between cover and RV.

Shop around for price, as you saw, it does vary.
Old 03-23-2017, 02:50 PM   #7
Silver Member

We purchased a Classic Industries Cover for just over $300 a year ago
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B004QHJ4WS/...tem?th=1&psc=1
We live in Victoria, BC
Has worked well over the winter so far!

Robert
rtsukijima is offline   Reply With Quote