Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2007, 04:49 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default The mother of all Camping Stoves.

Well the guy next to me has a Stainless Checker Plate Pig Roaster, that handles 3 pigs at a time, so maybe my stove is not all that big.

Expedition 3X by Camp Chef

Three large 30,000btu burners, 38"x16" cooktop, stubby legs and extensions for tabletop or stand alone. Low press. propane for portable tank or direct connect to camper supply. $199 at Costco, complete with heavy duty cover, paper towel and accessory kit, burner windscreen, LED chief light, 12" cast iron frying pan, 12" sq. cast iron grill and 12" sq. cast iron griddle.

This stove is great for cooking, there's about 3" between the burners and cooktop, allowing for very even heating. Cast iron cookware is great quality and heavy duty. 30,000btu burner can quickly bring a pot of corn to boil, but don't be surprised to see frost on the propane tank . Legs and windscreen attach underneath for easy carring, but it is over 40" long so maybe not the best for traveling. If your parking for an extended stay, this stove is a hell of a great unit.

I'm looking to get a 24"x16" grill for it, so I can really load up the bacon, sauage and flap-jacks.

http://www.campchef.com/catalog/item...er+Cooker.html
paulm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 02:06 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Wow! $199.00 is a great price compared to the link.

Where are you camping next?
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote