Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2008, 12:53 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Tire pump

I've been using my BIG 28 gallon compressor to care for the 29 tires (mounted on various pieces of equipment) that I've got in my garage - not real handy to move around however. I had a small, more portable unit that shot craps & I decided to replace it - so..

I ordered this one from Amazon & it got here late yesterday: Slime COMP06 Pro Power Heavy-Duty Tire Inflator.

Haven't had a chance to give it a try but will today. (If one were to take-off the power cord and the air hose it would look like the engine in a model railroaders collection - a "cute little thing").

I won't be using it for my Van's three 80psi tires - will use the BIG one for that - and I don't intend to take it on trips with me. Just needed one for the other "stuff".

(on edit) The pump came with a nice little canvas(ie) bag - I'll keep the pump in it's box and use the canvas bag to carry my DV Camera and my DStill Camera and their accessories..
Whiskyecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:03 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Tire pump

Tried it - seems like a nice little unit. The pressure gage appears to be accurate (when checked against my hand-held gage).

I don't believe I'd like to use it to pump-up the rear & spare tires on my RT 190 (to 80psi) - I'll use my heavy duty compressor if that's required.

Good for all the other stuff tho..
Whiskyecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:51 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Default Re: Tire pump

That looks like a great things when you have a lot of items to pump up. I have Craftsman in my shop, also a Husky 100, which is a small compressor that goes to about 125psi, to big for the RT. I just ordered a TRUCK AIR by Interdynamics, Inc from the Auto Barn to carry in the RT - to top off on long travels. Gotta love them compressors when you notice a tire down, tube needs inflating!! Ron J.