Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2018, 01:09 PM   #21
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstersd View Post
Howdy! I love my Paseo (8k miles the first year...part-timing). Did you add an additional 100w on the roof? I've asked two local solar installers here in San Diego and they said that there's no more room; I thought for sure they could daisy chain a few smaller ones together since there's two open connector slots on top. I do use a 100w suitecase (Renogy) that plugs into the side and like you mentioned, it's enough to keep up with the fridge.
Ahhh... you need to join the Paseo FaceBook group, where you will see a few units with added solar. Here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/196392857439348/

Bobojay from this forum is the Admin.
Old 07-22-2018, 04:47 AM   #22
Platinum Member

Yes, I've added a second 100W panel. I mounted it beside the fan. It is a Renogy (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B3TEM1E), which is opposite polarity from a Zamp, so I bought the Renogy MC4 to SAE adapter, cut it in half, and then crimped it back together with the polarity reversed. Worked great. Pretty easy install. I did have to drill new holes in the panel to mount the brackets where they needed to be for where I wanted them to attach to the roof rack. The panel is just far enough back that I'm hoping it won't have too much upward wind force on it from the wind coming off the windshield.

Also, I reversed the Renogy brackets from the way they are supposed to be installed, so the panel would be close to flush with the roof rack rather than several inches above it. They design the brackets that way so that there will be air flow underneath the panel if you mount it directly to the roof. That isn't an issue when mounting on a rack, so no need to make it stick up so tall.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 33178204_1988009604543195_6251002978644262912_o.jpg (132.7 KB, 225 views)
Old 07-23-2018, 03:20 PM   #23

Hi Bill,
Nice rig, and nice bikes, I have built a bumper carrier for my DR200. I just got back from out west.

Do you take a lot of moto trips?

Martin
Hoosier 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 04:05 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier 45 View Post
Hi Bill,
Nice rig, and nice bikes, I have built a bumper carrier for my DR200. I just got back from out west.

Do you take a lot of moto trips?

Martin
Thanks! Yes we do. Moab, Death Valley, Oregon Dunes and the Idaho Panhandle are some of our favorites. We haul the bikes in a 5x8 enclosed trailer, which also gives us plenty of space for riding gear.
BillsPaseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 08:35 PM   #25

Default Pull-out table

Bill I just purchased a Paseo and have the same problem with the pull-out table. It’s a low function amenity and gets in the way. Can you share a pic on how you reworked your Paseo to elongate this feature? Thank you.
Gutidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 09:21 PM   #26
Platinum Member

We're travelling right now, but I'll try to get some pictures posted when we get back home. In the meantime, on the Facebook group for the Paseo, a couple of members have figured out a way to rework it and maintain the functionality of the table. My rework removed the table.
Old 09-10-2018, 01:04 PM   #27

Default Terrific!

Many thanks.
Gutidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 02:16 PM   #28
Silver Member

Picked up our 2018 Paseo on the 12th - four days ago. Reading through the various manuals. Loved the handling and power on the four hour trip from Gilroy to our ranch in Mendocino County. Already found some help in the previous posts. Looking to remove that work-station table, and considering where to store the mattress topper my wife will no doubt insist on. Trying to understand why the van appears to lock itself when leaving it parked, and why the awning doesn't move when the button is pressed. So far, so good.
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 04:57 PM   #29
Platinum Member

Alec, our awning was sticky when new as well. If you reach your hand up and give it a little tug, it will open. Ours got better with usage, and rarely sticks now.

On the auto-locking doors, I've noticed this as well. If you manually unlock the sliding door, it will re-lock a few seconds after you close it. If you unlock with the power locks (either remote or the door front door switches) it will stay unlocked. This might be a programmable feature, but I haven't had time to investigate that yet. In the meantime I've just gotten in the habit of always taking the keys with me when I leave the van.
Old 09-15-2018, 05:28 PM   #30
Silver Member

Thanks for the tips, Bill.
I just managed to remove the (useless to me) work-space table. Fairly easy, except for the bottom screw below the passenger seatbelt cover. Couldn't find my offset Phillips screwdriver, nor did I have a flex-shaft screwdriver. Improvised with a small vise-grip and a very short bit. Was surprised to discover that the bottom of the tall steel frame was actually supported by the work-space table frame at the bottom. Now to figure out how to fill the hole, or to see if there's a feasible way to re-engineer the table frame. Probably the latter since it secures the steel support, which the wife uses to help enter the side door.
Old 09-15-2018, 05:59 PM   #31
Platinum Member

Here are some photos of what we did with the little table. This method means you lose the functionality, but we didn't care, since it seemed pretty worthless anyway.

We cut down the width, removed the table, and then trimmed it out with black anodized aluminum to match the black framing. The front panel is just a piece of 1/4" plywood stained as close a match as I could find.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180915_103957.jpg (151.8 KB, 168 views)
File Type: jpg 20180915_104009.jpg (214.0 KB, 165 views)
File Type: jpg 20180915_104016.jpg (162.2 KB, 162 views)
File Type: jpg 20180915_104024.jpg (148.7 KB, 164 views)
Old 09-15-2018, 06:35 PM   #32
Silver Member

Very pretty job! Thanks for the tip on the aluminum; perfect match.
I am just headed out to do some measuring. I see you cut it just a few inches from the floor. I believe I can leave it original size up to about 20 inches above floor level, unless the seat would hit it while full back. With the seat fully reclined I think 20" would work. I'll go check.
Old 09-15-2018, 07:11 PM   #33
Platinum Member

Thanks! I used a metal cutting blade on a mitre saw to cut the aluminum, which made the angle cuts really easy.
Old 09-15-2018, 07:18 PM   #34
Silver Member

20" won't work, but 14" seems to about right, with 5" front to back (O.D) from 14" above the floor to the top. I'll loose about 1/2" of that cross brace. I took a picture, but haven't the time right now to learn how to post it. Later, and thanks for your advice, Bill.
Old 09-20-2018, 02:39 PM   #35

Just jumping in here re: work-space table. We did the modification to reduce the width and allow for the passenger seat to recline, but keep the functionality. We basically followed the instructions similar to this post on iRV forums: Return to IRV2 w/Winnie Paseo - Page 2 - iRV2 Forums -posts of 2/02/18 . This post has photos and instructions that were very helpful. We didn't take photos of the steps since it was already documented by others, but we definitely use this table more frequently than expected.

We use the table as extra space when cooking, to put clothes or other items on when using the shower or bathroom, and as a computer work desk for one of us, while the other sits in back or outside or wherever. Also, when someone is sitting there without the table extended, often we'd like to a have drink nearby and place to set it. With the reduced width and hinge, it didn't allow to set a drink down on top, so we made a couple of 4" round cork coasters with a ridge routed out to go over the hinge.
JSquaredB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 07:18 PM   #36
Yv8

My husband and I recently purchased a 2018 Paseo. I agree with you, I would rather have the ability to recline and access to more leg room in the passenger chair over having a small laptop table when the chair is in the swivel postion.
Would you be willing to post your mods on the forum.
Yv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 12:31 AM   #37
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yv8 View Post
My husband and I recently purchased a 2018 Paseo. I agree with you, I would rather have the ability to recline and access to more leg room in the passenger chair over having a small laptop table when the chair is in the swivel postion.
Would you be willing to post your mods on the forum.
Welcome to the forum Yv8!
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote