Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2019, 03:42 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kswanson View Post
I just re-read your post....soounds like the converter is not working? That is why the appliances do not work off the generator. I did not try the appliances off of electricity.
Sorry, two additional new questions for the Coachman Crossfit owners.

I want to hook up the portable propane grill I bought (Coleman Fold n'Go Propane grill) to the external natural gas on the Crossfit. Please tell me exactly what part (and from whom) I should buy in order to do this. The grill works on the portable propane tanks but I want to use the propane as part from the Coachman as well.

Also, can I but a plug that allows me to go from 50 amp (I think this is the current electric plug) to a regular 3 prong plug (the kind you use in your home appliances)? I wanted to hook it to electric at home but do not have the right kind of plug.

Thanks in advance.
Kswanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 03:49 AM   #42
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kswanson View Post
Also, can I but a plug that allows me to go from 50 amp (I think this is the current electric plug) to a regular 3 prong plug (the kind you use in your home appliances)? I wanted to hook it to electric at home but do not have the right kind of plug.
I'm pretty sure you have a 30 amp electric plug, not 50 amp. (Has there ever been a class B that had a 50A plug?). But yes, you can get an adapter that will let you plug into a standard electric outlet. You just have to be careful what you turn on or you'll trip the breaker in your house. (The AC would probably be the biggest load).

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Dogbone.../dp/B000BUU5YA

You can also get a 50A to 30A dogbone which would let you plug into a 50A outlet. I carry both, just in case. I've used the 15A one a couple times, but I don't recall ever using the 50A one.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Dogbone.../dp/B000BUTDCA

FWIW, wiring a 30A RV outlet in your garage isn't all that difficult. I used this video as a guide:

Old 05-07-2019, 04:22 AM   #43

Perfect, that looks like the plug I have, 30 amp.....
Kswanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 08:33 PM   #44

I own a 2018 Crossfit on a Ford Transit chassis. The Ford part of the camper is by far the best part. Dual tires in the back make for very stable handling. MPG is good -- usually 13.5 mpg. Great media/navigation center. I've owned it for 11 months and have 15,000 miles already. I like that the ENTIRE exterior is a Ford product, no fiberglass, which means exterior maintenance will be the same as a regular vehicle. I like that there's no badges, swirls, stripes or weird decals. I like that I can stop, park, and go to sleep anywhere when traveling.
susanbaumberger@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 01:40 PM   #45

There was lawsuit regarding the name by Crossfit Trainers (exercise people). The current name is Coachmen "Beyond". I won a Crossfit on a Transit van. Love the Ford Transit van! Runs great, good mileage for gas-powered (average 13.5, sometimes get 15.5!)l; dually rear wheels make handling in wind MUCH easier. The Crossfit itself, however, is a nightmare. Awning opened while I was driving (thankfully still under warranty!), electrical is sub-standard and cannot dry camp for more than 24 hours before batteries run out. Need to run generator just to make coffee -- pisses off neighbor campers. Backup camera is low, so if you are pulling something or have a scooter rack, you can't see anything. Screens only work when the bed is UP - useless. I guess you don't care about bug bites when you're asleep. Passenger seat won't turn around easily.
susanbaumberger@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 02:46 PM   #46
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanbaumberger@yahoo.com View Post
... Love the Ford Transit van! Runs great, good mileage for gas-powered (average 13.5, sometimes get 15.5!)l; dually rear wheels make handling in wind MUCH easier. The Crossfit itself, however, is a nightmare. ...
Short battery life is an issue for me too, primarily because of the poorly vented compressor fridge. I added a lithium battery, better fridge venting, and an interior on/off switch for the propane solenoid to help improve battery life.

Other than the self-deploying awning - which has not affected me, I have similar opinions, though I'm not thinking in terms of 'nightmare', but rather 'annoying'.
@Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 02:03 AM   #47
jon
Platinum Member

This isn't a CrossFit but it is another Transit option for 2020:
Pleasure-Way Ontour 2.0 and 2.2. I like that the 2.0 is on the 148 RB Transit. By the time our daughter is in college hopefully I can lose my second row seats and get an AWD Transit like the Ontour 2.0.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z4A...UnhIBZ9oe/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GjD...hRNcyqnr0/view
jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:17 PM   #48

Thank you Jon. We have been keeping our eye on this unit. We have heard there will be AWD possible in December. We live in N Idaho and that would be something we would appreciate. There is a You Tube video that a couple did from a rough tour of both the 2.0 and 2.2. They both look great.
bayviewbum is offline   Reply With Quote