Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2020, 02:32 PM   #81
Gold Member

Does any Crossfit/Beyond owner know if there’s a remote shut off valve for the outside spray port (shower)? We can’t get ours to work. I’ve followed the recommendation to spray WD-40 and tap it with a screw driver. Nothing.
Old 08-09-2020, 04:41 PM   #82
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Old View Post
Does any Crossfit/Beyond owner know if there’s a remote shut off valve for the outside spray port (shower)? We can’t get ours to work. I’ve followed the recommendation to spray WD-40 and tap it with a screw driver. Nothing.
The outside shower on mine is on the drivers side behind the fridge. It's plumbed on the same PEX line as the toilet and sink cold water.

On mine, there is no separate shutoff.
@Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 04:50 PM   #83
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Michael View Post
The outside shower on mine is on the drivers side behind the fridge. It's plumbed on the same PEX line as the toilet and sink cold water.

On mine, there is no separate shutoff.
Thanks for the info. Mine is in the same spot. Can’t figure this out.
Old 08-09-2020, 05:38 PM   #84
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Old View Post
Thanks for the info. Mine is in the same spot. Can’t figure this out.
If the toilet and sink work, the plumbing should be OK. Seems like it would have to be the fitting itself. I unscrewed it from the outside and tightened it up:

https://devhda.wordpress.com/2020/02/26/drip-drip-drip/

And what I believe to be a correct plumbing diagram for my '19 Crossfit 22C

Note that RV manufacturers can build whatever they want anytime they want, so no guarantee that yours is the same.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2020-08-09 122942.jpg (301.5 KB, 188 views)
Old 08-09-2020, 06:08 PM   #85
Gold Member

Thanks! What a great schematic. I took the four screws out but the fitting is solid in there. Not coming out peacefully. Hate to yank on it for fear of messing up the gasket. I read somewhere that the pressure may not be great enough to blow open the fitting. One guy I saw in a video thought that you could only use this with the pump and not city water. That doesn’t make sense to me. But I feel like the back of this fitting needs attention so it will open up and work.
Old 08-09-2020, 06:18 PM   #86
Platinum Member

On mine the outside 'gasket' is just the same butyl tape that is used on roof vents & such. I just mash it around to get it to reseal. The screws will smoosh it a bit. IIRC, the first time I pulled it I might have added more butyl to make sure I had a good seal.

Either that or pull the fridge.
Old 08-09-2020, 06:41 PM   #87
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Michael View Post
Either that or pull the fridge.
Aw, hell naw!

So I went back out and removed screws and took the hose and connected it which allowed me to get better leverage and I got it loose. Unfortunately, because of the pipes attached, there’s not enough slack for me to get it out to work on it. Looks like the fridge is coming out. Dang.
Old 08-10-2020, 05:17 PM   #88
Gold Member

Default He shoots, he scores

So I didn’t have much room to work but I was able to hold the pipes as close to the outer wall and unscrew the spray port. And the back of the valve fitting was indeed stuck. A little push and it’s open! We have water! Hopefully it won’t get stuck again. With it being really hot, we were counting on having this outdoor water (shower) source. Thank goodness. And thanks for the assistance, Michael.
Old 09-19-2020, 04:25 AM   #89

Hi, I'm new to forums. Just bought a used 2019 Crossfit 22D with Li3 and 4,000 miles. So far we're loving it. Over the side door there is an unmarked black switch between the xantrex screen and truma screen. Can't seem to find out what it does. Contacted Coachmen and they said it may be for lights or to turn off the solar panel connection. A tech at a local dealer said it may be a battery auxiliary start switch (to charge a dead van battery with the Lithium house battery?). There is a "click" in the back when the switch is flipped, but can't seem to get a straight answer. Can't trace what it connects or disconnects. Is someone familiar with this switch? Previous owner also didn't know what it did.
Gmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 04:30 AM   #90
Gold Member

Contact the guys at Coachmen (via email found on their website). They have answered several questions for me. I can’t help you because I have a different setup.
Old 09-19-2020, 04:53 AM   #91

Thanks. I did contact their Class B customer service person, who gave me the two suggestions mentioned, but I'm surprised he didn't know exactly. I'll try again and see if I can get to an engineer or product manager who is more knowledgeable (unless someone here might know.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:37 PM   #92
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmar View Post
Hi, I'm new to forums. Just bought a used 2019 Crossfit 22D with Li3 and 4,000 miles. So far we're loving it. Over the side door there is an unmarked black switch between the xantrex screen and truma screen. Can't seem to find out what it does. Contacted Coachmen and they said it may be for lights or to turn off the solar panel connection. A tech at a local dealer said it may be a battery auxiliary start switch (to charge a dead van battery with the Lithium house battery?). There is a "click" in the back when the switch is flipped, but can't seem to get a straight answer. Can't trace what it connects or disconnects. Is someone familiar with this switch? Previous owner also didn't know what it did.
Welcome to the forum Gmar!

I love a good mystery. Let us know what you find out.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 04:19 AM   #93

Default Black switch

I have a 2019 Crossfit 22C non-Li3, so this may not apply to yours. The black switch in that position over my door is for the Wi-fi Ranger. Let us know when you find out for sure though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmar View Post
Jfhowes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 04:38 AM   #94

After asking Coachmen again, and apparently a little more research on their part, they've identified this mystery unmarked switch as operating the holding tank heaters: "That switch is for your tank heaters. There is a thermistor on the tank pad so when you know it’s going to get below freezing, I’d turn it on in advance."

So until I can confirm that myself, I'm going with it!
Old 09-24-2020, 04:41 AM   #95

And to JFhowes, thanks. We also have the WiFiRanger switch, and it's labeled. And also the coach power/storage switch up there, also marked. This is a third switch and was unlabeled, and previous owner didn't know what it operated either.
Old 09-24-2020, 01:47 PM   #96
Platinum Member

In the manual for the exterior shower on my Winnebago there is an instruction that if it doesn't work to put a small screwdriver into the center of the outlet and gently tap it with a hammer to free it. This might apply to yours.
jakegw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 03:10 AM   #97
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakegw2 View Post
In the manual for the exterior shower on my Winnebago there is an instruction that if it doesn't work to put a small screwdriver into the center of the outlet and gently tap it with a hammer to free it. This might apply to yours.
That didn’t work. I had to take the whole port out and free it from behind. It was tight because of the pipes but I got it done.
Old 09-26-2020, 10:55 PM   #98

That is definitely something you need on the Li3 with the external water tank. My water tank is under the couch, so as long I'm heating the coach it is fine. I've done winter camping in the Southwest in temps as low as 9º F. without any problem. I put some RV antifreeze in the grey and black tanks and leave the bathroom doors open so the water lines there don't freeze.
Old 09-27-2020, 05:05 AM   #99
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfhowes View Post
. I've done winter camping in the Southwest in temps as low as 9º F. without any problem. I put some RV antifreeze in the grey and black tanks and leave the bathroom doors open so the water lines there don't freeze.
I'm assuming you heated the coach to a reasonable temp, and enough heat propagated through to the plumbing to keep it above freezing?

Good to know that the bathroom lines don't freeze that easily. I've been afraid of busting a fitting behind there and not being able to replace it.
Old 09-28-2020, 06:24 AM   #100

I usually kept the temp around 55º F at night. One night I forgot to leave the bathroom doors open and the hot water line froze. There was no damage to the pipe and it defrosted after a couple of hours. I didn’t make that mistake again!

Tags
coachme, coachmen crossfit