Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2017, 04:31 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Adventurer Group - Okanagan Tribute Class B

I've seen a few mentions of the Okanagan Tribute Class B on this forum and found a few links.

The first is what I think is the parent company: The Adventurer Group | The Adventurer Group

and a few links to units for sale:

RV Listings - New & Used

2017 ALP Adventurer OKANAGAN TRIBUTE*16 for sale | Abbotsford, BC

New 2018 OKANAGAN Tribute For Sale | LEDUC AB
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 06:12 PM   #2
Platinum Member

It sure does seem like there is getting to be a lot more interest in side sleepers lately. Will be interesting to see if they sell well, or not.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 03:13 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I wouldn't consider those "side sleepers" - they are twin bed set-ups. The only one out now that I consider a side sleeper is the little Axion...
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 04:43 PM   #4
Platinum Member

9feb18 -
This thread is not fresh but I thought I would add some current information regarding the Okinagan Tribute Class B twin bed RV. I ran across this RV late last night while doing some research. It is the closest thing to a WINNEBAGO Travato 59K on the market but finding information about this took some doing. This turned out to be a case where a telephone call produced answers in about 30 seconds of human to human contact versus the 1/2 hour+ of Internet surfing I did this morning.

My call was placed with ALP, an RV manufacturer in Yakima, Washington after some digging on the Internet to determine they were tied to The ADVENTURER GROUP out of Abbotsford, BC. The call was necessary because there is frankly, scant information about the Okinagan Tribute (O T for short) to be found on the Internet. What I found in Canada appeared to be 2017 and 2018's that were used for sale and references to rentals available.

The call to the Sales Dept in the Washington-portion of The ADVENTURER GROUP verified that this RV is not available from dealers in the USA for sale or rent and according to my contact, there are no plans to bring it in. I pushed that again to ask if there were any potential future plans and that didn't change the answer except to say that I could go to FRASERWAY dealers in Canada to purchase used units. I asked, and my contact stated that yes, they met US regulations and could be brought into the US this way.

I didn't want to badger the guy who answered my questions very nicely so my interpretation here (which may be wrong) is that they can sell you an OT there, to bring across the border if it is used, probably with a minimum of X miles on it to be legal as a used RV. I am just guessing this is the case. As for new ones, I have to think that someday they will be available in the USA but the company is not prepared yet to deal with USA requirements and/or maybe not quite ready to go to bat full bore against WINNEBAGO from the marketing & support perspective. The product itself looks fine, at least as far as I can determine from information and photos on the Internet.

Gene
Storysrvwego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storysrvwego View Post
9feb18 -
This thread is not fresh but I thought I would add some current information regarding the Okinagan Tribute Class B twin bed RV. I ran across this RV late last night while doing some research. It is the closest thing to a WINNEBAGO Travato 59K on the market but finding information about this took some doing. This turned out to be a case where a telephone call produced answers in about 30 seconds of human to human contact versus the 1/2 hour+ of Internet surfing I did this morning.

My call was placed with ALP, an RV manufacturer in Yakima, Washington after some digging on the Internet to determine they were tied to The ADVENTURER GROUP out of Abbotsford, BC. The call was necessary because there is frankly, scant information about the Okinagan Tribute (O T for short) to be found on the Internet. What I found in Canada appeared to be 2017 and 2018's that were used for sale and references to rentals available.

The call to the Sales Dept in the Washington-portion of The ADVENTURER GROUP verified that this RV is not available from dealers in the USA for sale or rent and according to my contact, there are no plans to bring it in. I pushed that again to ask if there were any potential future plans and that didn't change the answer except to say that I could go to FRASERWAY dealers in Canada to purchase used units. I asked, and my contact stated that yes, they met US regulations and could be brought into the US this way.

I didn't want to badger the guy who answered my questions very nicely so my interpretation here (which may be wrong) is that they can sell you an OT there, to bring across the border if it is used, probably with a minimum of X miles on it to be legal as a used RV. I am just guessing this is the case. As for new ones, I have to think that someday they will be available in the USA but the company is not prepared yet to deal with USA requirements and/or maybe not quite ready to go to bat full bore against WINNEBAGO from the marketing & support perspective. The product itself looks fine, at least as far as I can determine from information and photos on the Internet.

Gene
I've just purchased a used 2017 Okanagan Tribute. I haven't even picked it up yet. I'm very excited to begin my new journey. I found your post very interesting. I've been looking for a suitable RV for a while now & just recently stumbled on this make/model.
Brodie66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 01:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie66 View Post
I've just purchased a used 2017 Okanagan Tribute. I haven't even picked it up yet. I'm very excited to begin my new journey. I found your post very interesting. I've been looking for a suitable RV for a while now & just recently stumbled on this make/model.
Now that you have had it for 10 months can you share your impressions with us, please. I would like to hear your feed back. Thanks.
copemanphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 03:22 PM   #7

What is your opinion of this make/model now? Looking at a 2016 model soon, and would love to hear any advice you could share
Mike in NB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 05:04 PM   #8

I Love mine! I can jump in it & take off in a minute. Keep it jn my driveway so there's no storage costs. Drives nice; has navigation, sirius radio & big windows for sight seeing.
Old 07-25-2020, 05:28 PM   #9

Any issues serving the batteries and generator, as they are mounted under the chasis? internal storage sufficient to compensate for no exterioe storage? Ever regret having the rear washroom instead of midgalley area?
Mike in NB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 06:06 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Mike in NB -
My wife and I have a Travato 59K which has the rear bath. Everything has it's pros and cons in terms of what people want out of an RV, especially our very compact motorhomes. Speaking for the both of us, we are elated with the rear bath versus the side baths we have used or looked at. I am a tall person and the height of side baths are usually compromised a bit. The biggie for both of us is the rear bath is enormous in every dimension, compared to almost all of the side located bathrooms.

We also realized how much we like the side twin beds. Many of the Class B's have beds thare are just too short for tall folks. Unless you lay corner to corner which works for one person but not so well for two. We were quite hesitant about using the filler to span across the aisle in the twin bed setup. We have never used that filler because we are close enough across the aisle, it's ok! This also allows one of us to get up and move around. I typically get up at 5:30 to 6 am and my wife slumbers a bit longer. So the still-open aisle works out just fine. I don't know about other side beds but the Froli spring system and the particular mattresses that come in the Travato 59K are as good as any quality bed we have ever had in our house.

Another thing that can differ in twin bed setups is the width of the bed deck & mattresses. The twin beds are a wee bit wider in the Travato than some. This can be a good thing from a sleeping point of view but comes with a couple of compromises. (1) the aisle width is a bit narrower. (2) Sitting on the beds sofa-style with the setup table has some compromise on leg room and your not going to be using the provided cushions for back rests. Come to find out, we don't really care about the back rests even if we are playing a game for a long period of time. Sit up straight. The mattress in sofa use is also very comfortable for long periods of time and we don't really miss the back-rest. But you can certainly stack something behind you if you really need a backrest. Class B's come with as noted above, compromises here and there. Put some thought into what you believe works for you best which will include Brand, models and floorplans. Quality. Actual usability. Ride, fuel use, driveability in winds. Does the grey and black tank vents REALLY work. Sales guys can't tell you unless they own and/or have used a particular model for a real trip. Oh yes, price. Wireless control panels that might mean more fiddly stuff on a vacation while the kids are getting impatient? Hand crank versus electric awning? Sometimes simpler is better!

Each of us have our own needs and wants. Experience helps but we all have to start somewhere. This forum certainly helps. Take your time. Financing? Talk to your own banking/contract credit institutions, not the dealers choices (my opinion). Get an insurance estimate on approximately what your thinking about buying.
Storysrvwego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 04:57 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in NB View Post
Any issues serving the batteries and generator, as they are mounted under the chasis? internal storage sufficient to compensate for no exterioe storage? Ever regret having the rear washroom instead of midgalley area?
No issues with the anything. I love the wetbath in the back as it leaves much more open space in the rest of the coach. I can open the sliding door, slide the screen door across at night & fit 2 lawn chairs indoors comfortably. The only thing I found uncomfortable was the bed, but I fixed that by adding a layer of memory foam. Now it's perfect!
Old 02-26-2021, 05:44 PM   #12
Silver Member

Default twin bed sizes

Hello..

I'm looking at the 2019 Adventure Tribute TS*18 (whatever that means) and wondering about the bed size if they are left as twins.
How wide is each one, do the side cushions come off to give you the full width?. I know one side is mechanical so don't know how that would work.

Reasons I'm asking is I'm not crazy about the rear bathroom set up so i don't have do crawl over the bed when i get up at night and prefer to have the open space.

Also can you tell me if these beds have seatbelts so an extra person can come along from time to time?

other than that, they look like a good unit,

Thanks
ovsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 07:20 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovsa View Post
Hello..

I'm looking at the 2019 Adventure Tribute TS*18 (whatever that means) and wondering about the bed size if they are left as twins.
How wide is each one, do the side cushions come off to give you the full width?. I know one side is mechanical so don't know how that would work.

Reasons I'm asking is I'm not crazy about the rear bathroom set up so i don't have do crawl over the bed when i get up at night and prefer to have the open space.

Also can you tell me if these beds have seatbelts so an extra person can come along from time to time?

other than that, they look like a good unit,

Thanks
I prefer the rear bath as it leaves the interior space completely open. The single driver side bed has a long side cushion that can give you more space to sleep comfortably. The passenger side bed has a mechanical side cushion that flips over & connects to the other bed to form a queen or king; You may need to climb over that with a small step stool.
Yes, it has seat belts for 2 extra passengers.
I still love it & it's much more economical to buy than all of the others.
Old 10-06-2021, 07:29 PM   #14

Default Okanagan Tribute bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie66 View Post
I prefer the rear bath as it leaves the interior space completely open. The single driver side bed has a long side cushion that can give you more space to sleep comfortably. The passenger side bed has a mechanical side cushion that flips over & connects to the other bed to form a queen or king; You may need to climb over that with a small step stool.
Yes, it has seat belts for 2 extra passengers.
I still love it & it's much more economical to buy than all of the others.
I recently purchased an Okanagan Tribute. When I simply flip the mechanical side cushion to convert to the large bed it is not level with the driver's side bed. Is there something else I am supposed to do so that it does not go lower than the bed on the driver's side?
daryl is offline   Reply With Quote