Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2018, 06:00 AM   #21
Platinum Member

Default Very sorry to hear all this...I'm really surprised...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtc46jw View Post
Kudos to you!

Hope all goes well with you and your travels with the roadtrek. Hope you never have to deal with Dodge or roadtrek for any significant issues! In our case, neither one helped us, which meant we are still without a van! The loss was too great and I will not have another pro master based van. That’s just us, burnt once is enough!

We loved the experience of B class van travelling. It was the execution that let us down. I think both parties, Dodge and Pleasureway knew something was amiss with our lemon and decided to let us just eat it.

Curiously, I have seen an ad for our van in any autotrader or rev trader since we dumped it?

Good luck and safe travels. You will enjoy it!

Cheers
WOW, I'm surprised that PW let you down..and this is certainly not going to be great PR for them... After all, if they didn't have confidence in the Ram Promaster chassis, they should have never used it.

If you haven't jumped ship yet...I would advise you to call Henderson's Line Up in Grants Pass, Oregon 541-326-4033 and speak with Dave.... They are also known as Super Steer...
They have a great reputation for solving steering problems...

It's worth a shot before you take a huge loss on selling your vehicle..

I was referred to them for some suspension work on my 2012 RS Adventurous..and the suggestions they made for me were awesome...now I have a different vehicle than yours, but, I also have 41,000 miles on my rig...

What I learned recently was that almost no coach manufacturer gets it right on the suspension because they are taking a van from the factory and converting into an RV with a lot of extra weight and this has a terrific effect on the vehicle...

Talk with them and they will explain it to you much better than I can....

Good luck...
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 04:26 PM   #22
Bronze Member

Thanks, but we live in Ontario and wouldn’t have driven the van that far. Also the situation happened last summer and the van is now gone.

No one here in Ontario wanted to touch the van. Not Dodge, not pleasureway, nor any of the other Rv dealers. I even asked some down south no go! There were other issues with the van in addition to the bent axle that precipitated our decision to finally get rid of it.

Principal of which was Dodges refusal to fix the driving problem and our local dodge dealers to ever service or consider warranty work on our van and after repeated calls to pleasureway, the same result. So... We didn’t want to experience attempting any other warranty work from Dodge after the rude and shameful behaviour from them while we were on the road to somewhere. To us the warranties from both parties were worthless.

Thankfully, our Rv dealer bought it back for more than every other dealer in the Toronto area offered. I often wonder what happened to it! Sadly, Some poor guy got stuck with a real lemon.

Hope no one else ever has an experience like ours and all your travels are safe and enjoyable. Our dreams were destroyed.

Cheers
Mtc46jw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 01:01 AM   #23
Platinum Member

Default That's very unfortunate....

Quote:
Thanks, but we live in Ontario and wouldn’t have driven the van that far. Also the situation happened last summer and the van is now gone.

No one here in Ontario wanted to touch the van. Not Dodge, not pleasureway, nor any of the other Rv dealers. I even asked some down south no go! There were other issues with the van in addition to the bent axle that precipitated our decision to finally get rid of it.

Principal of which was Dodges refusal to fix the driving problem and our local dodge dealers to ever service or consider warranty work on our van and after repeated calls to pleasureway, the same result. So... We didn’t want to experience attempting any other warranty work from Dodge after the rude and shameful behaviour from them while we were on the road to somewhere. To us the warranties from both parties were worthless.

Thankfully, our Rv dealer bought it back for more than every other dealer in the Toronto area offered. I often wonder what happened to it! Sadly, Some poor guy got stuck with a real lemon.

Hope no one else ever has an experience like ours and all your travels are safe and enjoyable. Our dreams were destroyed.

Cheers
I'm very sorry that your dreams were destroyed.... actually, I've never really been impressed by Chysler Dodge products and this confirms it... AND, based on what you have told us about Pleasure Way... my opinion of their company is a lot lower... they should have been more of an advocate for you...

I wasn't thinking about you driving to Oregon.. rather, the guys there could have been helpful for your local RV shop.. but, now that you have jettisoned the rig.. doesn't matter..

SO... from your response... doesn't look like you'll be getting a replacement RV??

I have a 2012 RS Adventurous from Roadtrek on the Mercedes Benz 3500 Sprinter... very smooth ride.. but, even we had to do some suspension modifications.

Good luck.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:43 AM   #24
Bronze Member

Thanks for the suggestions but I could not find anyone in 500 km radius that was willing to work on the van. In fact many said not interested. Spent a full month trying everything. So it would have been futile to try and get an expert to talk them through it.

My plan was to do bucket list stuff while I could. Figured I had perhaps 3 years before I no longer could. Fighting prostate cancer is a limiting factor now and don’t think we will ever join the fraternity of long distance B Classers. We had our shot at it and looks like it’s done. I envy you all. Only wish we had started sooner.

Safe travels
Mtc46jw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 04:13 AM   #25
Platinum Member

Default So very unfortunate...

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions but I could not find anyone in 500 km radius that was willing to work on the van. In fact many said not interested. Spent a full month trying everything. So it would have been futile to try and get an expert to talk them through it.

My plan was to do bucket list stuff while I could. Figured I had perhaps 3 years before I no longer could. Fighting prostate cancer is a limiting factor now and don’t think we will ever join the fraternity of long distance B Classers. We had our shot at it and looks like it’s done. I envy you all. Only wish we had started sooner.

Safe travels
Perhaps others can learn from this......you just can't put things off until tomorrow.... doesn't work that way....

And, your vehicle problems only made things worse... there's a lot of people on the forum who might not know about some of the issues you had with the Ram Promaster chassis ... maybe you could enlighten them???

I don't know how old you are.. several years ago I had a cancerous pollup and they fortunately removed it.. but, life can't wait .... just moved on...

My father worked until he couldn't and wound up bed ridden after a medical procedure....you just never know..do you??

I retired early... my father in law said..he retired early to "enjoy his retirement"...he was very smart....

Look, do what you can...I understand that you probably took a loss on the van... horrible...

Dodge/Chysler don't really impress me...never have... And my impression after your posts just confirmed it again......

I decided to purchase our rig used..5 years old ...got it in May 2017... and we certainly had our share of problems...but, never to the point of getting rid of it....

Here's a picture of my vehicle....look pretty good for a six years old model.....

Hope you enjoy your time from now on... even though you are not RVing.... take some trips somewhere...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180604_104027.jpg (314.5 KB, 6 views)
Old 06-10-2018, 03:05 PM   #26
Platinum Member

I'm very sorry to read the total lack of support from Dodge & especially Pleasureway. I don't know it it's too late or even a possibility, but I would fight PW until they refunded you the difference from the money you lost to the dealer. Maybe you realize that's a losing battle, and it probably is, but I wouldn't stop at a PW sales manager. I would demand contact with the president or ownership of the company. They have to bear responsibility. Again, what happened to you should have never been allowed to occur.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:50 PM   #27
Platinum Member

Default Too late for that.....see below

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpig View Post
I'm very sorry to read the total lack of support from Dodge & especially Pleasureway. I don't know it it's too late or even a possibility, but I would fight PW until they refunded you the difference from the money you lost to the dealer. Maybe you realize that's a losing battle, and it probably is, but I wouldn't stop at a PW sales manager. I would demand contact with the president or ownership of the company. They have to bear responsibility. Again, what happened to you should have never been allowed to occur.
Warpig--- they sold their RV.. don't remember what they got...if they even disclosed it...read earlier posts in this thread.....

Should be a warning message to people considering a Ram Promaster chassis and Pleasure Way.....

Disgraceful...
Old 06-10-2018, 03:59 PM   #28
Platinum Member

I understand that they returned it to the dealer at a loss. I mentioned that. That was the whole point of my post. If I didn't make it clearer, PW should pay the OP the difference of what they lost due to returning it to the dealer. I would accept some depreciation.
However, I wouldn't let it go, RA. It isn't right and I would fight it until the head honcho told me, "No.", which I'm sure would occur. It just makes me angry, and I had to vent!!!!!
Old 06-10-2018, 04:14 PM   #29
Site Team

I have no idea who is at fault here, and I am obviously heartbroken that OP feels that he has no choice but to throw in the towel. But, the incident does point out the risks of being caught in the middle between the chassis OEM and the upfitter. This is why programs like Mercedes Master Upfitter program is so important. Such programs exist precisely to minimize these kinds of issues. They are not perfect, but they do provide a significant measure of protection for the consumer in situations like this. They do this by defining and enforcing strict guidelines concerning what an upfitter may and may not do. I do not know whether Dodge has such a program or whether Pleasureway subscribes to it. But this is a cautionary tale about the importance of asking such questions before picking an upfitting option.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 04:15 PM   #30
Platinum Member

Default Sorry.. missed that... another cup of coffee for me...LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpig View Post
I understand that they returned it to the dealer at a loss. I mentioned that. That was the whole point of my post. If I didn't make it clearer, PW should pay the OP the difference of what they lost due to returning it to the dealer. I would accept some depreciation.
However, I wouldn't let it go, RA. It isn't right and I would fight it until the head honcho told me, "No.", which I'm sure would occur. It just makes me angry, and I had to vent!!!!!
Yes... I understand.....at first thought you meant the loss on the overall sale for the rig... deprecation 😁

Both Dodge Ram Promaster and Pleasure Way are to blame...both are running for cover to elude the remedy....

Venting is good... people spending their dollars elsewhere would be better.... money talks and they should take their shopping dollars somewhere else where it's better appreciated.
Old 06-10-2018, 04:22 PM   #31
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 View Post
Both Dodge Ram Promaster and Pleasure Way are to blame.
How do you know this? I don't see where we have anything like enough information to determine who caused the problem, and therefore who is acting unreasonably. If this is an OEM defect, Pleaseureway can hardly be expected to take financially responsibility. If it was due to an upfitter's error, the opposite is true.

Yes, one would hope that both parties would be more customer-centric, but this falls far short of "blame", I think.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 04:35 PM   #32
Platinum Member

Default Anecdotal evidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
How do you know this? I don't see where we have anything like enough information to determine who caused the problem, and therefore who is acting unreasonably. If this is an OEM defect, Pleaseureway can hardly be expected to take financially responsibility. If it was due to an upfitter's error, the opposite is true.

Yes, one would hope that both parties would be more customer-centric, but this falls far short of "blame", I think.
Well.... take another look at what the OP said at the beginning of this thread....

"We have a pleasureway lexor ts and while all the features on it are excellent we have had some issues with it. Namely the loud crashing going over sharp little road edges. Some we have fixed some like the microwave shelf not being screwed in and cabinet doors not adjusted etc..

The other issues like seat comfort can't do much about. However, we had noticed that at any speed over 60 mph the van gets increasingly sensitive to drive. So took it in for an alignment!

The rear axle thrust angle is out and can't be adjusted! Since it has been this way from new, any suggestions. Dodge will say it's the coach builder, coach builder will say it's dodge problem...you get the picture.

We had planned several long trips which would involve interstate travel but van doesn't like to travel at those speeds. Does any b class van?

Lastly Anyone know of a way to fix? Alignment shop said no adjustment at all and go see dodge or coach builder."

I don't know about you...or what your EXPECTATIONS are ... BUT....it's clearly a case of the two companies not wanting to WORK TOGETHER to get a resolution... they DON'T CARE...

AND... that is DISGRACEFUL..... should have never come to this.....

Again....I don't have any confidence in Dodge products....the fact that Pleasure Way let one of their clients just twist in the wind... will sear into my memory....and I would dismiss them as a company I would consider purchasing from PERIOD........