Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2019, 12:56 PM   #1
Gold Member

Default And another Class B Pop Top

Thor Tellaro shown at the Elkhart dealer show, based on ProMaster like the new Winnebago and PW Trofino.

Old 09-24-2019, 01:26 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Pretty much a total Hymer Aktiv Loft clone. As expected what with Thor owning the European Hymer company. I didn't bother to watch all of the video... but I was immediately struck by the big tall AC unit on the roof. Really ugly, but avoiding the main complaint of the Aktiv Loft with the under mount AC which was sadly inefficient.

Didn't catch the power system... got bored

Sort of tacky what with Thor completely ignoring the existing Hymer units out there. Unsurprising with their abyssmal reputation on their quality and warranty treatment of even their existing customers.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 06:43 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Default Wow,

2 x 5,500 Watt battery which is 11,000 Watt Lithium Battery Bank, I think, impressive. Heating the van and water should be trivial.
Attached Images
File Type: png thor.png (952.1 KB, 33 views)
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 08:02 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
Pretty much a total Hymer Aktiv Loft clone. As expected what with Thor owning the European Hymer company. I didn't bother to watch all of the video... but I was immediately struck by the big tall AC unit on the roof. Really ugly, but avoiding the main complaint of the Aktiv Loft with the under mount AC which was sadly inefficient.

Cleaver top a/c placement, but they should have at least gone to an ultra low profile unit, like the under 9" tall Coleman Mach 8 plus.

Didn't catch the power system... got bored

A stout 11,000 wh lithium battery bank. Not sure it they mentioned if it is 12v or 48v.

Sort of tacky what with Thor completely ignoring the existing Hymer units out there. Unsurprising with their abyssmal reputation on their quality and warranty treatment of even their existing customers.
Thor did not acquire the Hymer North America unit due to the EHGNA/Roadtrek accounting irregularities. There's plenty to blame Thor about, but this blame falls on EHGNA/Roadtrek.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 11:27 AM   #5
Gold Member

Default Tellaro maybe not a pop-top?

Looking at the Thor site, I see nothing on the Tellaro pages about the pop-top. The specs page (https://www.thormotorcoach.com/motor...tellaro/specs/) specifically mentions that the coach sleeps 2 people.

The guy in the video mentioned that they were asking for dealer input on this, so maybe the pop-top is a trial balloon at the dealer show, and the Tellaro 20 AT is essentially a clone of the Hymer Aktiv 2.0 (just like the Sequence 20L is a clone of the Travato K). And to me that's a good thing, as I like the garage in that layout - if it can house a couple of folding ebikes - and I have no interest in a pop-top.

Then again, the Thor site is showing a Tellaro 20LT with a floor plan that looks exactly the same to me as the Sequence 20L, so I have no idea what to think. I guess I'll believe whatever actually shows up on a dealer's floor.

The guy in the video was also fumbling around with orders of magnitude on the battery capacity. He mentioned two 5500 watt batteries, then came back to 1100 Ah (IIRC). The specs page says two AGM31 batteries, so I highly doubt the 11kwh number unless there is a lithium option.
Old 09-25-2019, 12:26 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInWoods View Post
The guy in the video was also fumbling around with orders of magnitude on the battery capacity. He mentioned two 5500 watt batteries, then came back to 1100 Ah (IIRC). The specs page says two AGM31 batteries, so I highly doubt the 11kwh number unless there is a lithium option.

Not only is the guy messing up orders of magnitude he is also stating "watts" for the battery at 5500 watts (per above, I did not watch video). Is that instantaneous power as in 458 amps at 12v, or did he really mean 5500 watt hours which would be 458 amp hours? 458 amps would normally be a cranking power spec (gp31 likely rated that way) or may some other spec. 458 amp hours is a big battery at 12v.

Many of us here say it over and over again that using the correct units is essential in knowing what is being said, and this looks to be another case of either intentional misleading by using incorrect units (like Roadtrek did) or just lack of knowledge on the speaker's part. Either way it leaves the customers in the dark about what the unit really has in it for a power system.

So we can guess that it has maybe two gp31 batteries and something like like 230 amp hours (2760 watt hours) of 12v batteries, or it could be 917 amp hours of battery at 12v if really 11,000 watt hours.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 01:13 PM   #7
Platinum Member

It suggests that it is probably 2 AGMs standard... and perhaps a lithium option. And that the young fellow in the video understands these systems even less than I do. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
Thor did not acquire the Hymer North America unit due to the EHGNA/Roadtrek accounting irregularities. There's plenty to blame Thor about, but this blame falls on EHGNA/Roadtrek.
I put 75% blame on Hymer. Accounting irregularities were there, but they are most certainly not what bankrupted the company. It was Hymer's insane, irresponsible expansion over the 2+ years all done on borrowed money. (one profitable factory to 3 not so much... 200 to 900 employees) It was all orchestrated between Hymer and Thor to dump all that debt into Roadtrek and walk away. Digging into timelines made it very clear. (Hymer sold EHGNA to a shell LLC that was created before the public even knew that the Hymer family was selling) Meanwhile the Hymer family walks away with multi-millions of dollars after royally screwing all of the employees and purchasers.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 01:48 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
It suggests that it is probably 2 AGMs standard... and perhaps a lithium option. And that the young fellow in the video understands these systems even less than I do. LOL

I put 75% blame on Hymer. Accounting irregularities were there, but they are most certainly not what bankrupted the company. It was Hymer's insane, irresponsible expansion over the 2+ years all done on borrowed money. (one profitable factory to 3 not so much... 200 to 900 employees) It was all orchestrated between Hymer and Thor to dump all that debt into Roadtrek and walk away. Digging into timelines made it very clear. (Hymer sold EHGNA to a shell LLC that was created before the public even knew that the Hymer family was selling) Meanwhile the Hymer family walks away with multi-millions of dollars after royally screwing all of the employees and purchasers.
as much as we mostly have agreed on stuff in the past-not this time. This was caused by Jim Hammills grandiose and cover up of actual sales and costs.
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 09:33 PM   #9
Bronze Member

[QUOTE=mumkin;99600]It suggests that it is probably 2 AGMs standard... and perhaps a lithium option. And that the young fellow in the video understands these systems even less than I do. LOL

From another video it sounds like there is a lithium option coming. 11000 watt hours is what they say. They made the point of it being bigger than any competitors.
Binny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 10:14 PM   #10
Gold Member

Looking at their website, it seems like the 'loft' is an option on the Aktiv clone but not on the Travato 59K clone. I would pass on the loft since I was only considering it if it was on a Ram 1500. I just need separate spaces for my wife to sleep in and me to sip coffee.
Anachr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 03:00 PM   #11
Gold Member

Default Also Sequence 20A

From the FB Tellaro Owners/Wannabes group, Thor apparently has a 2021 model Sequence 20A, which is a twin sister of the Tellaro 20AT. They are showing up on the LaMesa and Gerzeny's sites.
Old 04-05-2020, 04:53 PM   #12

They do and I just placed an order for one, specs not on line yet so I just posted them.
Paul Craven is offline   Reply With Quote