Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2019, 02:24 PM   #21
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
I guess this is a technique to keep the weight down at the expense of inconvenience. No other Class B I am aware of needs to do this.
I think they are selling this as having the benefit of not having any external tanks.

I'm more interested in the all composite and aluminum construction. That's vastly superior to wood in my book.
@Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 04:01 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
I also wonder about the bladder tank being a good idea, but definitely clever.

Those of of us on private wells have dealt with bladder tanks for decades, and for the most part they are quite reliable, but do have a finite life that is shorter than the tank itself. 20 years is certainly not unheard of.

What I think would be the largest worry in an RV is that while driving there would be a constant sloshing of the contents of both sides of the bladder, so the bladder would constantly be getting flexed back and forth. It could also wind up with all the force on one side of it when one tank side is full and the other empty. 20 gallons of water with inertia from a 60 mph quick stop would be substantial force.

I wonder if there is any decent history on the bladders being used in this way to try to get a feel for durability, perhaps in some other applications.
sounds ingenious to me- i read at their site that it's a bottom top system. as the lower part empties-the gray part-top-fills up. the top might slosh but the lower fresh would always be compressed
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 08:58 PM   #23

I came across them as well when looking for a van.

There is this video

Sent them an email about pricing for the PSL option and their reply was "pricing would start at approximately $85,000 up to $134,000"
KittyJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:24 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyJames View Post
I came across them as well when looking for a van.

There is this video

Sent them an email about pricing for the PSL option and their reply was "pricing would start at approximately $85,000 up to $134,000"

I watched this video. It answers most questions. I never knew that boats used bladder water tanks. These tanks are from a boating manufacture supplier.
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 03:21 AM   #25
Platinum Member

I'm taking a closer look at the Embassy RV line. They will do semi-custom work on Promasters, Transits and Sprinters. They are the only B-Van builder that makes the layout I'm looking for. Toilet and shower in the back end, small galley. Bench seats facing inward up front that make into twin beds.

Recent article about their product in Motorhome magazine.

https://www.motorhome.com/top-storie...v-prl-class-b/

They are displaying again at the Tampa RV Super Show in January.

It looks like an interesting B-van as it has many of the things we have often discussed. Light weight Aluminum framing of all interior cabinets, enclosed with marine HDPE. All electric using a Lithionics Lithium-ion Batteries and Xantrex 3000W Inverter/Charger. Second alternator optional. Espar Hydronic heat and hot water systems. ProAir 12V DC air conditioner. Cassette toilet with macerator pump out option.

Need to see it in person to judge the quality of their builds.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:53 AM   #26
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
I'm taking a closer look at the Embassy RV line. They will do semi-custom work on Promasters, Transits and Sprinters. They are the only B-Van builder that makes the layout I'm looking for. Toilet and shower in the back end, small galley. Bench seats facing inward up front that make into twin beds.

Recent article about their product in Motorhome magazine.

https://www.motorhome.com/top-storie...v-prl-class-b/

They are displaying again at the Tampa RV Super Show in January.

It looks like an interesting B-van as it has many of the things we have often discussed. Light weight Aluminum framing of all interior cabinets, enclosed with marine HDPE. All electric using a Lithionics Lithium-ion Batteries and Xantrex 3000W Inverter/Charger. Second alternator optional. Espar Hydronic heat and hot water systems. ProAir 12V DC air conditioner. Cassette toilet with macerator pump out option.

Need to see it in person to judge the quality of their builds.
This is the first commercial RV shop to my knowledge using a cassette, CNC-ed HDPE and aluminum framing combo which I selected for my conversion 6 years ago. Black HDPE wouldn’t be my favored but it is easy to change. Check if they are using Seaboard from Vycom or Starboard from Kings Plastic HDPE, looks like Starboard. I used Seaboard, it is less prone to scratches and it is not as shiny as Starboard.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 03:29 PM   #27
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
This is the first commercial RV shop to my knowledge using a cassette, CNC-ed HDPE and aluminum framing combo which I selected for my conversion 6 years ago. Black HDPE wouldn’t be my favored but it is easy to change. Check if they are using Seaboard from Vycom or Starboard from Kings Plastic HDPE, looks like Starboard. I used Seaboard, it is less prone to scratches and it is not as shiny as Starboard.

Thanks George - I’ve looked at Seaboard, but not Starboard. I’ll add that to my long list of questions that I plan to ask them in Tampa next year.

I’ve already asked them some questions by email. They do use other colors of HDPE. Their web site has some photos of other colors. I agree that black would not be my choice.

https://www.embassyrv.com/embassy-cl...rv-photos.html

They build the B-vans to order only. A $3,000 deposit gets you a production slot for standard base van. If you want to custom order the base van the deposit is $12,000. Once you make a deposit they send a package to make color and option choices for your build. But they appear to only build one basic floor plan. That is ok with me as this is the plan I want.
Old 11-18-2019, 05:32 PM   #28
Platinum Member

Quote:
Thanks George - I’ve looked at Seaboard, but not Starboard. I’ll add that to my long list of questions that I plan to ask them in Tampa next year.

I’ve already asked them some questions by email. They do use other colors of HDPE. Their web site has some photos of other colors. I agree that black would not be my choice.

https://www.embassyrv.com/embassy-cl...rv-photos.html

They build the B-vans to order only. A $3,000 deposit gets you a production slot for standard base van. If you want to custom order the base van the deposit is $12,000. Once you make a deposit they send a package to make color and option choices for your build. But they appear to only build one basic floor plan. That is ok with me as this is the plan I want.
Another question opportunity. Most likely they did cassette venting correctly, but you could ask if it is venting on the roof which would be preferable. Cassette’s vent is on the bottom of its housing and opens up to cassette after its insertion. See my pictures.

Looking at the Embassy HDPE pictures it seems it is Starboard due to its shiny finish. See the picture of the top of my electrical cabinet, surface finish is not shiny.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ZGR12545.JPG (301.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 12-ZGR12552.JPG (269.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 14-ZGR12554.JPG (263.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg ZGR82355.JPG (384.8 KB, 19 views)
Old 11-20-2019, 06:14 PM   #29
Platinum Member

Quote:
Another question opportunity. Most likely they did cassette venting correctly, but you could ask if it is venting on the roof which would be preferable. Cassette’s vent is on the bottom of its housing and opens up to cassette after its insertion. See my pictures. . .
Thanks George. I've researched cassette toilets and venting is definitely a potential issue.
Old 11-20-2019, 06:38 PM   #30
Platinum Member

Boxster,

I've designed my next B for the eventuality of possibly a cassette toilet since I am behind the rear axle of a 2500 short Sprinter; however, I don't want the cassette to have to be accessed on the outside of the van steel skin with a door hatch. I could access it from inside by opening the back doors. Sue Valentine's B is close to your desires with the sofa up front to make into bed, but she has a compost toilet in the back which I could redesign to a cassette accessible by opening the rear door. I think the van George Mauro (Humble Road) just built is similar to your desires.

Right now, I plan to raise the bathroom floor enough to run the waste pipe above the van floor over the top of the back axle to get a normal flush toilet in. My 5'-8" would allow me to do that. Not recommending it for a taller person. I could do it with a macerator toilet too without raising the floor, but I am leery of that.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:39 PM   #31
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
Boxster,

I've designed my next B for the eventuality of possibly a cassette toilet since I am behind the rear axle of a 2500 short Sprinter; however, I don't want the cassette to have to be accessed on the outside of the van steel skin with a door hatch. I could access it from inside by opening the back doors. Sue Valentine's B is close to your desires with the sofa up front to make into bed, but she has a compost toilet in the back which I could redesign to a cassette accessible by opening the rear door. I think the van George Mauro (Humble Road) just built is similar to your desires.

Right now, I plan to raise the bathroom floor enough to run the waste pipe above the van floor over the top of the back axle to get a normal flush toilet in. My 5'-8" would allow me to do that. Not recommending it for a taller person. I could do it with a macerator toilet too without raising the floor, but I am leery of that.
Davydd - thanks for the info. I'm familiar with your next B - looking forward to seeing more details when the build starts. Yes - Sue V's B is close to what I'm looking for with a smaller galley area. I was focused on doing an ARV build until I found this Embassy layout. Not making any commitments on which way I'll go until late next year, likely on a 2021 Sprinter. I'd be OK with the new Transit with 4-clyinder diesel and 10-speed transmission. But DW insists on a Sprinter as the cab area is easier to get around in than a Transit or Promaster.
Old 02-11-2020, 10:10 PM   #32
Bronze Member

Met Terry Minix at the Florida RV Supershow...
for anyone interested:

For what it's worth, I'm impressed a VP of a company would come out to the show after the death of their President and stay just to talk to anyone interested, even though the state of Florida would not allow them to bring their RV's (company had an automatic ownership transfer, which apparently messed up the state paperwork).

-- Roads of Life
Roads of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 01:03 AM   #33
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roads of Life View Post
Met Terry Minix at the Florida RV Supershow...
. . . For what it's worth, I'm impressed a VP of a company would come out to the show after the death of their President and stay just to talk to anyone interested, even though the state of Florida would not allow them to bring their RV's (company had an automatic ownership transfer, which apparently messed up the state paperwork).
Thanks for sharing this - just a bit more info on Embassy RV. They seem to be a mostly stealth RV company.

I was really disappointed that they couldn't make the Tampa show. I adjusted my Florida travel plan to be at the show and see an Embassy RV van in person. I could not get there in time for Terry Minix's meet up. Oh well - just have to visit them in Elkhart this summer.
Old 02-12-2020, 01:28 AM   #34
Bronze Member

I was disappointed as well, but impressed with him being there, so we're thinking of going up to Elkhart either in March or sometime this summer as well.
From what I can gather, Embassy has a lot of ideas about the RV, but haven't really started their advertising campaign. They seem to be used to corporate work and designing for companies (at least I think so!) and are just getting their feet wet with a broader clientele.
We shall see where it goes, but I do hope it's a positive journey!

-- Roads of Life
Old 02-12-2020, 07:43 PM   #35
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith101 View Post
I always thought awnings on a class b were silly since you have no storage to carry outdoor pads and furniture. But Embassy offers Flamma options.
I always keep two folding camping chairs and a folding all-metal table in the "trunk" of my ERA 170M.

It seems the sun is always too low or at the wrong angle for the awning to really help... but it's also very helpful in a heavy rain... extend it a foot or so and it helps keep the big cargo door opening from getting drenched.
-Winnie ERA 170M ("906" 3500 Sprinter, 6cyl Diesel)
BigFatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 03:39 PM   #36
Platinum Member

Quote:
I did a little more research on HDPE options and found that Vycom had a new HDPE product called TimberLine.

https://www.vycomplastics.com/produc...in-hdpe-sheet/

It is an HDPE sheet product that now offers an interesting wood look for RV and Marine applications.
Old 02-25-2020, 04:36 PM   #37
Platinum Member

Quote:
I did a little more research on HDPE options and found that Vycom had a new HDPE product called TimberLine.

https://www.vycomplastics.com/produc...in-hdpe-sheet/

It is an HDPE sheet product that now offers an interesting wood look for RV and Marine applications.
Thank you for sharing. This woodgrain finish can break the monotony of a single color. Lack of ¼” is likely a matter of time, in my conversion I used about 60% ¼”, 30% ½” and 10%” ¾” - just for galley's countertop. Dark colors and HDPE are not the best combination for outdoor if a Sun heated HDPE sheet is not allowed to float. Coefficient of HDPE thermal expansion is very high.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:36 PM   #38
Bronze Member

Can't remember if I already posted this, so if I had... my bad!

We took a trip to Elkhart Indiana to see the Embassy RV facility, and it was amazing! Terry Minix, the owner, actually took us on a personal tour of the entire place. I have some videos on YouTube if anyone is interested...

-- Roads of Life
Old 10-22-2020, 09:54 PM   #39
Bronze Member

Saw a couple of articles on Embassy for anyone whose interested. You probably already have seen these, but thought I'd post anyways as they are new to me!

RV Business: https://rvbusiness.com/new-elkhart-b...rand-class-bs/

New Atlas: https://newatlas.com/automotive/embassy-traveler-sport-camper-van/

-- Roads of Life
Old 11-13-2020, 04:27 PM   #40
Bronze Member

Default Embassy Traveler Duo

For anyone interested, Embassy has just posted their long awaited Embassy Traveler Duo
https://www.embassyrv.com/models-traveler-duo-features

Has two sleeping areas (hence the name Duo) and looks like a larger sink and faucet.

-- Roads of Life