Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2017, 01:47 AM   #21
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottbaldassari View Post
This plan didn't make much sense to us either until a salesperson said it was designed for single women... Large countertop makes for big kitchen, short bed doesn't matter, whole thing turns into a big bathroom when you want it to...
Makes more sense when you think about it like that...
... I guess...
... If you're a single woman...
lol, the 1930s RV, just in time.
nebulight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 05:24 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
I still don't understand this. How can you get more storage than you have with the standalone shower that can be 100% storage (permanent or temporary) if you want, and a toilet facing the aisle that uses no space where your feet are, and can have a shelf right above, your, sitting head. As soon as you turn the toilet and put it in the shower, you pretty much lose the entire toilet and shower area from being even temporary storage, as you have to get you feet in their.

We actually have an aisle facing toilet in our 07 C190P Roadtrek, and the toilet uses just about the volume of one seated person without legs . There is truly no way to use less space for a toilet than this, unless it is a porta-potti you pull out and use in the aisle, that I can think of.
My ideal layout would include a Porta Potti that you pull out of the shower space when taking a shower. This way the area functions as countertop space for cooking, desk/table for a swivel driver seat, and bathroom/shower as needed. Then you have more room for a bigger fridge and a hanging closet where the separate toilet would go.
vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 03:31 AM   #23
Bronze Member

It's now on the Go Hymer website

Go Hymer ยป Sonne Overview
JohnMFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 06:55 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Surprised and disappointed that they select the Somme and not one of their Sprinter based vans... they could have released a short Sprinter 4x4 before the WGO Adventure concept end of this Summer... the Somme just doesn't seem to fit but who knows maybe it will sell great.
Keyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 12:15 AM   #25
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
Surprised and disappointed that they select the Somme and not one of their Sprinter based vans... they could have released a short Sprinter 4x4 before the WGO Adventure concept end of this Summer... the Somme just doesn't seem to fit but who knows maybe it will sell great.
Using the Sprinter platform would have bumped the price up another 12-15 thousand dollars. With the current effort to market a well optioned Promaster B at a price point well under 100k, I think the Sprinter is eventually going to relegated to the higher end models.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:53 PM   #26
Platinum Member

Sticking to the Promaster is definitely the best decision. Remember the fact that they own Roadtrek... which already markets 4 different models in various lengths from the shortest to the longest Sprinter.

The last thing they need is another diesel Sprinter option. IMHO, what we need are more sensibly priced options that run on gas and are on the Promaster.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:40 PM   #27
Platinum Member

Given that I chose the PM gasser for my self-build and absolutely love it, I heartily endorse your sentiment. There's good reason this vehicle is the darling of Class-B heaven across the big water.
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:45 PM   #28
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
Sticking to the Promaster is definitely the best decision....IMHO, what we need are more sensibly priced options that run on gas and are on the Promaster.
Yes, I agree also. The only reason for another MB at this point would be for 4X4..
Scottbaldassari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 01:49 AM   #29
Platinum Member

The Promaster driving position is absolutely terrible for me. Not sure about other 6 footers but for me the front seats are terribly bad with short cushions and poor stearing wheel adjustments; for me it was a deal breaker. It's like driving while sitting on a bar stool. A Sprinter or Transit van is so much better.
Old 03-17-2017, 01:38 PM   #30
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
The Promaster driving position is absolutely terrible for me. Not sure about other 6 footers but for me the front seats are terribly bad with short cushions and poor stearing wheel adjustments; for me it was a deal breaker. It's like driving while sitting on a bar stool. A Sprinter or Transit van is so much better.
You're not alone. At 6'3", On the first drive; I'll admit, it felt a bit like a bread truck. But after getting the seat adjustments right, and extended cross country drives, I now find it more comfortable than my Older conversion Vans luxury captains' chairs, my Subaru Outback, or the Forester. It also has easier ingress and egress, and better visibility than any of the above.
I DO wish they would add tilt wheel, as the left armrest is in an odd, low position, and I do find my left arm fidgeting for a comfortable spot after a few hours driving.
Old 03-17-2017, 04:50 PM   #31
Bronze Member

I suppose it depends on your "size" as well. I am 6'0 as well and find the seating position to be much better than my 2014 Honda Odyssey, BMWs and Porsches we have had over a long distance. We make some trips that are 6-10 hours in the seat and it is not a problem in the PM for me. With regards to the left armrest; I agree it is a bit awkward. It does appear that you could add an armrest to the seat itself (I think I have seen that option in some of my searches). The complaint I have is more in regards to the key location. My right now is less than 1/2 inch away from it usually. If I ever crash, there is no doubt the key is going to break off in the ignition. I have thought about remote start, but right now banking on the no crash theory.
aturner1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 06:44 PM   #32
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aturner1973 View Post
... If I ever crash, there is no doubt the key is going to break off in the ignition. I have thought about remote start, but right now banking on the no crash theory.
lol; yes, I ALWAYS like to lean towards the "no crash theory".
And, if you do crash in a Promaster Class B, chances are a broken key may be not be your biggest problem.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:41 AM   #33
Platinum Member

BTW you over 6' fellows. I did read lately... somewhere... that the new Promasters will have a tilt steering wheel.

Hopefully it is true.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 06:53 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by aturner1973 View Post
I suppose it depends on your "size" as well. I am 6'0 as well and find the seating position to be much better than my 2014 Honda Odyssey, BMWs and Porsches we have had over a long distance. We make some trips that are 6-10 hours in the seat and it is not a problem in the PM for me. With regards to the left armrest; I agree it is a bit awkward. It does appear that you could add an armrest to the seat itself (I think I have seen that option in some of my searches). The complaint I have is more in regards to the key location. My right now is less than 1/2 inch away from it usually. If I ever crash, there is no doubt the key is going to break off in the ignition. I have thought about remote start, but right now banking on the no crash theory.
Suggest you get a valet key or plain metal key and cut it down so that it sticks out as little as possible, keeping in mind that you do need to get it out of the switch. Round off any sharp bits. If we could bank on no crash theory we wouldn't bother with air bags and seat belts.
waltbald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:42 AM   #35
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
BTW you over 6' fellows. I did read lately... somewhere... that the new Promasters will have a tilt steering wheel.

Hopefully it is true.
I heard this as well from the Hymer dealer that soon the vans they use will have new tilt wheels.