Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2015, 04:45 AM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Is Jayco a "class b" or a "conversion van"

I am wondering about the classification of the Jayco camper van. Is it considered a class B or a conversion van? I don't see too much Information about them on this forum.

I like the twin couches that are quick folding that some models have.
shoalster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 01:01 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Neither. Jayco only shows Class C motorhomes on their website and they are not even remotely a Class B+ as some like to call more compact Class Cs.

Are you referring to some discontinued model?
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 06:11 PM   #3
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
Neither. Jayco only shows Class C motorhomes on their website and they are not even remotely a Class B+ as some like to call more compact Class Cs.

Are you referring to some discontinued model?
Yes, the Jayco van conversions have been discontinued since the early 2000's. I think they started producing them in the late 80's early 90's. They aren't even listed in the Jayco NADA guide.

The Jayco is similar to the Coachman Saratoga with the mid located twin beds and no inside shower (not as fancy as the Coachmen). I found out that I really don't need an inside shower in a Class B, never used mine. They had 17 and 19 foot lengths.
shoalster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 08:37 PM   #4
Platinum Member

This would be a van. Class B? Some would say without a bath it is no. But for this forum I think it is still appropriate for discussion. You could say the same about a lot of Sportsmobiles and other DIY. The idea is still to camp in a van.

2000 Jayco Conversion Van
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 05:45 PM   #5
Silver Member

Default RVIA Seal?

At a county park in Lake Worth, Florida they allowed campers to camp but could not allow sleeping in a van or car due to some local ordinance. This particular park considered a van a camper if it had the RVIA seal and a conversion van if it did not. If your Jayco van has an RVIA seal I would definitely call it a camper. If it doesn't have one that may not mean anything, especially since the seal is voluntary and it may have gone missing if it had one at some point.
fwdanielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 08:19 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwdanielson View Post
At a county park in Lake Worth, Florida they allowed campers to camp but could not allow sleeping in a van or car due to some local ordinance. This particular park considered a van a camper if it had the RVIA seal and a conversion van if it did not. If your Jayco van has an RVIA seal I would definitely call it a camper. If it doesn't have one that may not mean anything, especially since the seal is voluntary and it may have gone missing if it had one at some point.
I just stayed at an RV park that required your rig to have smoke/CO detector, LP detector and a fire extinguisher. All stuff required by RVIA.