Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2015, 04:24 PM   #21
Site Team

Davydd's architect's-eye analysis is spot on. Having lived for awhile with all the high stuff concentrated at the driver's-side center of the vehicle, I find that entering almost any other layout feels like entering a tunnel by comparison. In the vast majority of campsites, the unobstructed front-to-back glass on the passenger side is a visual joy, day and night. It is so important to us that we took down the TV that was the only thing obstructing the view. (We now keep it in a cabinet and bring it out when we need it).

The only other layout that I know of that I consider credible was that of our old Airstream Interstate, which had everything (bath, galley, wardrobe) concentrated in the far back. That way, the front 2/3 of the vehicle was fully unobstructed on both sides. The front beds had their disadvantages, but the open airiness of vehicle was without match.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 04:40 PM   #22
Bronze Member

Ahhh...the front bumper sets them apart. So, we have to get that replaced under warranty. The front bumper interferes with the collision/crash sensor. It goes off continuously. We took it to Mercedes who told us the bumper interferes with the sensor, and the outfitter has to fix it. Midwest Automotive Designs (MAD) is accepting that. Now they have to order us a new regular sprinter bumper, paint it white, ship it to us to take to a body shop to install it and put the sensor in the right spot. I love this van, but it is always something, and this one really surprised me. Why put a fancy bumper that directly interferes with safety feature. Go ahead do it, and then when a customer bring the issue to light, just restore to factory bumper. UGH, I feel a little duped by this. The look will change.
Djette1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 04:50 PM   #23
Bronze Member

We added a Cargo Carrier to ours. Hope this links works to the picture.
It gives us all the storage we need!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/736664206681391/
Old 08-31-2018, 06:01 AM   #24
Gold Member

The design is very nice, but it looks very familiar. While I still believe in the top brand.
Monica998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 06:57 AM   #25

Default New Weekender MD2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djette1 View Post
We added a Cargo Carrier to ours. Hope this links works to the picture.
It gives us all the storage we need!

Djette, Are you still happy with your cargo carrier? Is that a GearSpace? We just purchased a Weekender MD2. I’m trying to decide what will work best for storage. Also, trying to decide what are the first additions we need to make it as comfortable as possible for long treks. Any suggestions or tips you’ve learned would be greatly appreciated.
dalav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 01:34 PM   #26
Bronze Member

Default Cargo Carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalav8r View Post
Djette, Are you still happy with your cargo carrier? Is that a GearSpace? We just purchased a Weekender MD2. I’m trying to decide what will work best for storage. Also, trying to decide what are the first additions we need to make it as comfortable as possible for long treks. Any suggestions or tips you’ve learned would be greatly appreciated.
We love our AeroSpace Cargo Carrier. However, it is for sale as we recently sold our MidWest Automotive Designs (MAD) Weekender. If interested, let me know. It is hard to find these used. Ours even has the optional wheels attached which makes rolling it into the garage and keeping it easy to load it awesome. I started a Facebook group about 2 years ago that is very active and is a great MAD support group. (Midwest Automotive Designs (MAD) Owners Class B Group (Includes REV Vans) - maybe you can find it if you are on FB.