Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2015, 05:24 PM   #1

Default New, and looking at Class B for family of 6

Hi All -
We have camped across country with our Toyota Sienna packed to the hilt with camping gear. Had a rooftop Thule and a cargo grill extension on back. Used 6 plastic bins on the cargo to store lots of gear.

Looking to get a bit more comfortable and have a frig, stove, tv, toilet & shower(in emergency). Need 6 seat belts, sleeping only need 2 or 3. If lucky, me and the wife sleep on the bed and the rest are in the tent. Still like to do tent camping so the B class seemed the way to go. And like the idea of a second car for driving less than 3K miles a year not including our road trips of course.

What are my choice? Having trouble spotting the ones with at least 6 seat belts. Keep in mind I rather have a used excellent product than a cheap new one.

Thank you in advance.
tmhighlandmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 05:54 PM   #2

Default Additionally

Forgot to mention I could get by with a van for 5, if we can get a seatbelt added. Looking at SS Agile and it looked nice. The sixth in my family is my sister who comes on our cross country trip once a year. Like the idea that it is under 20 ft.
tmhighlandmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:27 PM   #3
Platinum Member

The most you could get in an Agile would be 4 people with a back sofa providing two with full lap and shoulder seat belts. A middle sofa seat in a lot of rear sofa/beds have just a lap belt. Few provide head restraints with an across the back sofa. A lot of Sprinter Class Bs have two passenger seats behind the cab plus the rear sofa with seat belts. Full size Sprinter Roadtreks and Airstreams are the two to check out. With 5 or 6 people in a B you would definitely have to tent camp. I would question whether the waste tanks could handle that many people or even if you could find enough storage for tents, sleeping bags, clothes and personal items especially for a cross country trip.

Anything can be done I guess. One of my earliest memories was a two day vacation trip (and back) from Indianapolis to Tampa Bay in a 1955 Chevy station wagon with four adults and five kids.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote