Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2019, 09:45 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default New Floor Plan Winnebago Boldt "BL"

Winnebago has a new floor plan for the Boldt with rear twin beds. Seems an improvement over the "KL" was modeled after the Travato KL plan, but with what I consider awkwardly mismatched twin beds and rear bath. Apparently it will be available in the fall.
Binny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 11:53 PM   #2
Bronze Member

Default tour starts at 7:56

Old 08-22-2019, 06:51 PM   #3

I've got the 2019 Travato K and I really like having the bath in the back. It opens up the kitchen area and makes the front very roomy. Glad to see that they carried that over to the new Boldt.
jgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 11:43 PM   #4
Bronze Member

Jgrim, I can definitely see the appeal of the rear bath and open layout. I just think the way they did it in the Boldt is no where near as intuitive as the Travato. They put a wardrobe at the "head" end of the passenger side bed, so neither bed end lines up. Even if you don't ever use the flex-bed system, it just seems awkward to not have the sleepers' heads line up. I don't know how many people actually pull the 2 beds together to make a bigger bed, but if you did with this model there's a lot of seemingly unusable space. I don't know why the wardrobe couldn't have been either, a) at the foot of the bed or b) eliminated altogether (there's a wardrobe in the bathroom already, c) replaced by something more useful at the foot of the bed (a countertop for instance with a larger than the current 21 gal fresh water tank underneath, or a larger fridge/freezer unit etc.).