Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2017, 03:14 PM   #21

This is very useful information to me, much appreciated, Rob
rob_mtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:48 PM   #22

Default Roadtrek Warranty Support is Not Very Good -- Looooong waits for service

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_mtns View Post
I am considering the Roadtrek CS Adventurous and my main question is about the all electric vs propane. Does all electric have enough storage, and I have been told it's hard to get Roadtreks worked on by other than Roadtrek dealers? Many thanks, Rob
In my brief time as a new Roadtrek CS Adventurous purchaser/owner, I have found their warranty support to be horrible. At least in my area (Los angeles), it takes several weeks just to get a "drop off date" which is the date you are supposed to drop it off and leave it there for an undetermined amount of time until it's done. The drop off date does not mean they will actually work on it that date. RT Dealers hate working on your RV if you didn't buy it from them. They have less slots for those people and really would rather not deal with you or your rv at all -- despite the fact they are an authorized RT Dealer in the RoadtTrek Network that RoadTrek falsely advertises as providing "peace of mind" with its warranty. Basically, you have to take it to one of these RT dealers to get warranty coverage and if you didn't purchase your RT directly from them, they want nothing to do with you.

My guess is that RT is a royal pain in the ass with the dealers about reimbursement and other procedures. RT is probly cheap or something. For whatever reason, nobody wants to do warranty work on your RT.

Even if you do buy from that dealer, it seems like many if not most new CS purchasers have problems at or very soon after delivery with one or more of: electrical/generator/inverter system, heater, refrigerator, and if you have the eco-trek batteries add those to the list. Look around online and you will find this stuff.

Do your homework. I would not recommend a Roadtrek Sprinter. Wanna buy mine?

When it works, I love it.

But, as The Dude says, that's all just, like, my opinion man
JakeScott2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:30 PM   #23
Platinum Member

OK, my rig isn't perfect and I'm not pushing Coachmen, but I will say that when we had a problem with our awning and couldn't find a Forest River dealer who would take us inside of three months, Coachmen authorized us to go to ANY local repair facility and send them our receipt for reimbursement.

It goes in on Friday - will keep you all posted on the results of the reimbursement.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:02 PM   #24
Platinum Member

When people looking for a rig hear the horror stories of getting warranty service - and then hear what you just said about Coachman.....is like an Add. I've been lucky, two RT's and have never had to go in for warranty work or any other service; then I read some of the horror stories on the new techie types....glad I stayed the KISS route. Ron
Old 10-04-2017, 02:04 PM   #25

Very helpful information, and glad I did not buy a RT. I did buy a Pleasure Way Class B, but haven't used it enough to offer feedback. Thanks a lot for the info.
Rob
Old 10-04-2017, 04:42 PM   #26
jon
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeScott2 View Post
Do your homework. I would not recommend a Roadtrek Sprinter. Wanna buy mine?

When it works, I love it.

But, as The Dude says, that's all just, like, my opinion man
You sound exactly like me and my diesel Sprinter. First year I loved it. Then the engine problems started and it took over a year and countless trips to the dealer to finally get fixed.......Now I'll never trust a modern diesel again and can't wait to sell it an buy a gas RV.
But.........As said, it's just my experience.
jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:32 PM   #27

Good to know, but too late for me. I already bought a Sprinter-based Pleasure Way. I have been driving diesel cars for a while (Mercedes, VW and BMW), never a moment's trouble (other than my Passat diesel being devalued 25% when the stuff hit the fan).
I have been listening to the Roadtreking podcast for a while, and this week's segment on how to buy an rv was fascinating. Also very scary, because the expert said that rv dealers are notorious for not wanting to work on any coaches they did not sell. Since I bought my coach 800 miles away, this is very alarming.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:22 PM   #28
Platinum Member

This conversation has seemed to morph into a gas vs diesel and a propane vs electric. Come to think of it, either would be excellent topics for new threads. If anybody wants to start a new topic (I am particularly interested in the gas vs diesel), I would be fascinated to follow.
gklugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 03:26 PM   #29
Platinum Member

They often don't want to work on the ones they DID sell, either, which is why the service departments are so backlogged and understaffed.

We discovered the first night that our rig was missing the rear window shades, went back the following morning and a guy who clearly didn't want to be bothered said he would call Coachmen and ask them to send them to me. Based on his attitude and lack of eye contact, I wasn't surprised when they never came.

Dealing directly with Coachmen, however, has been a pleasure (had a broken heater vent and they sent me three replacements).

As for the components, most are individually warrantied for the first year so when we had a problem with the awning motor, we called Carefree and they sent a new one to us directly.