Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2014, 02:15 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Safari Condo Promaster

They have updated the site with good pix of the models and some mileage data. Diesel coming next year.

Really cool elevator bed.

http://www.safaricondo.com/en/motorises_Promaster_FLEX
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:26 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Safari Condo Promaster

Looks good!

I'd like to see the shower. Hmmm, it's only a 10 hour drive or so for me. I might just work a visit to the showroom into one of my trips this year.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:30 PM   #3
Platinum Member

A couple of bathroom pix would be interesting, to see if the use a cassette toilet or not, also.

As long as the bed is strong when in the up position, you could easily sleep someone underneath it if it was part way up, with occupants on it, too.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:45 PM   #4
Platinum Member

The elevator bed is similar to what Great West Vans is doing with their ProMaster model. I suspect the side walls are more vertical than the Sprinter to make this more feasible.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 05:28 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Nice looking rig. Not high quality materials of the wood type but looks well fitted. With those extra seats I doubt the bathroom will be very big judging by the overall fitments. The rear fold down bed is fine but with two people, one will have a problem crawling out for a night-time pit stop! Otherwise, looks ok.
Fastpaddler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:19 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastpaddler1
Nice looking rig. Not high quality materials of the wood type but looks well fitted. With those extra seats I doubt the bathroom will be very big judging by the overall fitments. The rear fold down bed is fine but with two people, one will have a problem crawling out for a night-time pit stop! Otherwise, looks ok.
Safari Condo does use a lot of materials that are different from the norm in class b's. I haven't seen the vans in person, but the trailers use a lot of super lightweight composite type materials like aluminum over plastic corrugations. You can see some of what they do on their site in the trailer section. They claim durable, light, rot proof, etc, but they certainly aren't cheap materials.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:04 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Safari Condo is now testing on the long 22' 9" Sprinter, the popular XL FLEX layout (electric permanent bed at the rear) that they first tried on the ProMaster. For us, living an city it 's a bit too long for finding parking spaces, but the layout is convincing, specially on a 4x4 Sprinter coming in 2015.

Dry fit testing on a future MB Sprinter XL FLEX by Safari Condo

Complete album
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 354&type=3

GeorgeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 03:07 AM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster
A couple of bathroom pix would be interesting, to see if the use a cassette toilet or not, also.

As long as the bed is strong when in the up position, you could easily sleep someone underneath it if it was part way up, with occupants on it, too.
For those who didn't have a chance to see the Safari Condo XL FLEX here's some pics of the great interior design. The bed base is the same strong aluminum sandwich panels used for the bathroom walls and the Alto trailers.

Complete album at http://centrelab.smugmug.com/PERSO-GL/X ... m/n-MNSpq/

GeorgeB is offline   Reply With Quote